Latest News: (loading..)
Snarg

Free shipping on select products

Hello,

I would like to have the ability to offer free shipping on select products. Is there a module that does this that is not horribly out of date and works on 2.3.4?

Thank you for your time and any assistance you may provide.

There is the "Free Shipping per Product" addon but I don't know if it is up-to-date or not. The Daily Specials addon will do that and should work with 2.3.4, as I recall.  I recently released Gift Vouchers Secure which allows you to limit coupons to certain products but that requires you to provide the code to the customers.

Thanks for the reply Jack.

I found the "Free Shipping Per Product" addon pretty much the same time you were replying :) I'll give that a shot first.

If you do your shipping by weight you could just enter a zero for the weight when creating the product.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Before installing the official version of oscommerce first look at a responsive version here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

@14steve14

10 minutes ago, 14steve14 said:

If you do your shipping by weight you could just enter a zero for the weight when creating the product.

Depending on the shipper .... UPS, in my experience, starts at a base rate, and adds to that with the addition of the packages weight.

M

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Frozen" release here

Another simple way of doing this is to use table rate and for example set all orders over £200.00 at zero cost and anything below to a set amount say £9.99. In fact you could have seveal levels if needed.