• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where is the .CSS file?

Uyghurmen

If you are using official osC then you are looking for the stylesheet.css which is in the root of system.

If its CE of any type the you have 2 both in root custom.css which you should not change and user.css which is where you should put all your changes.

It should also be noted that if you are using the 'official' osC, you can add your own user.css. It would mean changing just one core file, and adding your new user.css file in root.

While I don't usually advocate changing core files, this is a pretty simple edit, and allows you to have your own independent user.css file to play around with.

M

@Uyghurmen

Is it the Community Edition (does the screen layout change if you view the shop on your phone or tablet, as compared to your desktop computer)? Or, is it the 'official' version that you downloaded from here?

Unfortunately, the version number does not tell us this. Sorry ...

M

38 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

@Uyghurmen

Is it the Community Edition (does the screen layout change if you view the shop on your phone or tablet, as compared to your desktop computer)? Or, is it the 'official' version that you downloaded from here?

Unfortunately, the version number does not tell us this. Sorry ...

M

No, I install it from my cPanel hosting server provided.

7 minutes ago, Uyghurmen said:

No, I install it from my cPanel hosting server provided.

Then you have the "official" version. In that case, the css file used to change some of the styling is the stylesheet.css file in the root. It won't contain all of classes used in the shop but you can add them there. But some styling is hard-code into the files so it will depend on what you want to change to determine where to change the css.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived