• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Reinstalled osCommerce V2.3.4.1 missing parts

ShortyLong

Hi

Ive just reinstalled Os commerce and noticed that part of the screen is missing, this did not happen with the first one i installed, and wondering why it has happened now.

I've checked my screen configuration and its still as it was before.

Any ideas 😞

Thanks

Steve

screenshot.jpg

As you have managed to login, I would check the file and directory permissions.

Files 644

directory 755 or 775

also check the file owner and group.

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

38 minutes ago, ShortyLong said:

ve just reinstalled Os commerce and noticed that part of the screen is missing

The color of the admin in the screenshot is wrong. That happens when the url for the shop in the admins configure file is wrong. I don't know if that is the cause of the missing parts but it is always best to fix obvious things first.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

What caused you to reinstall osC in the first place? If it was damaged by something, perhaps that damage (hacks, backdoors, etc.) is still there, or the server PHP version was increased and your installation isn't compatible? Were you just upgrading from an earlier osC version?

By the way, if this is the official osC 2.3.4.1 (available on this site), it is way obsolete. It does not work well with modern PHPs. You should be installing the 2.3.4.1BS Community Edition (from GitHub -- choose "Frozen" unless you are adventurous and want to go with "Edge"). It is a complete install (not upgrade), and you need to migrate your data over. In the long run, it may be easier and cleaner than trying to clean up an older version.

Looks like you are losing the styling when using SSL.

Check your admin config file as it may just be a path error.

If not that then it could just be a bad file on the admin side in which case down load a new copy of the software and reinstall again.

1 hour ago, ShortyLong said:

When i Install with SSL

As I mentioned, the configure file is not setup properly. You should be running your shop with ssl enabled on all pages. If not, you may want to make that change first.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Would like to thank everyone for all the help you have given me.

I have sorted the problem out.

i installed 2.3.4.1BS Community Edition (from GitHub -- choose "Frozen"  which was suggested by MrPhil

and everything is working how it should

thanks again

Archived