Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
Kurre

Admin looking strange after install

Posted (edited)

Do anyone knw why admin look so strange, look at the pictures, this is a new shop version 2.3.4.1 bootstrap I have installed on another host than usually...

tugg1.jpg.29b215245d01cb1e4bd6abb04a0208c9.jpgtugg2.jpg.3a75001a39d5f7262849234dfe0b467c.jpg

Edited by Kurre

It looks like it may not be picking up the CSS files. Look at the page source in the browser (usually Ctrl+U) and see where it's trying to pick up .css and .js files from. If they're from your own site, check the configure.php files' path settings. If they're from a central CDN server, make sure your server and browser aren't blocking them.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get (stable) Frozenpatches or (unstable) Edge. See also the naming convention and the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release

Thank you for the reply. It looks like everything is ok, maybe the host is blockning the css and javascript for some reason from admin side, the shop side works like it should.

Is the admin side under SSL and the public side not? Is the admin side under password protection? I don't think either of those should bar access, but anything's possible. Are the problem .css and .js files on YOUR site or are they remote (e.g., the Bootstrap server)? Can you bring up some of the blocked files in your browser? That would be like on the shop side, so it may not tell you anything about the admin side problem. Usually it turns out to be a problem with incorrectly set paths in the configure.php files (you did update the admin copy, too, right? And be careful not to mix up the two -- they're different).

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get (stable) Frozenpatches or (unstable) Edge. See also the naming convention and the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release

Posted (edited)

My host told me that the file admin/includes/.htaccess was outdated and not working under Apache 2.4, so they changed it from

<Files *.php>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
</Files>

to

<Files *.php>
Require all denied
</Files>

So now it is working.

Edited by Kurre

Why would blocking the reading of PHP files have any effect on JS and CSS files? The point of that segment is to keep people from looking inside your PHP files. Hasn't Apache 2.4 been around for a long time now? I would have thought this would have been seen (and sorted out) long ago. Perhaps there were some outdated commands such as phpflag, phpvalue, or options?

That was what they said, I don't know if their config of apache is different to the other hosts that made it not working and therefore needed the change in .htaccess.