• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help

Uyghurmen

I'm new user of oscommerce, and I have some trouble here:

1. I wan to translate to my language but didn't find language file.

2. I want to try upload some product (image), but not saw any new product upload button or link.

Any buddy help I will Thanks a lot

Where did you download it from, this site or github? If from this site STOP it is outdated.  Get it from github. HERE.

Language files are found in catalog/includes/languages/insert your lang here

& catalog/includes/languages/insert your lang here/modules

For products-  admin/catalog/categories-products

Thank you so much Sir.

I found all, but another problem: I try as costumer buy a product, last checkout only with paypal account, not with credit card trough papal. I know most people have not PayPal account, and if there request create a paypal account may be most people cancel shopping, for the lazy people this is too much. So I wish there payment with paypal, but not create account, pay with credit card. But I not able to setting like that, or there not other ways?

You have two choices:

- You can set the option to make requiring the paypal account required. The customer will still leave the site and go to paypal but there will be an option to continue without creating an account. It is not obvious since paypal wants everyone to create an account but it is there.

- You can use the Paypal Pro module. That allows your customers to pay on your site and doesn't require them to have a paypal account. But this option requires that you create a paypal pro account at paypal and they charge $30/month for that. There is a way around that charge but if you just go to paypal, that is what they will charge you.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

There are also "merchant accounts with payment gateways" not involving PayPal, but allowing direct payment with a credit card. These tend to be more costly than PayPal at low volumes, and usually require PCI compliance (security audits)... more than just having SSL. Their chief advantage is that a customer never sees a Third Party in the payment system -- it looks like you all the way through. There are also credit card handlers that do some stuff to let you handle credit cards via your brick-and-mortar Point of Sale system, but at the very least you need to get your bank's permission to use this.

I agree that having to go on to a Third Party site, and sign on there to complete a purchase, is a turn-off for many customers. Anything you can do to make the transaction more seamless and frictionless is going to help, but the more you're handling credit card numbers on your site, the more security hoops you have to jump through. And security doesn't come cheap and isn't easy -- just ask all the big name stores that have been hacked and credit card information stolen.

Archived