• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change order_id not working BS

driven22

Hi,

I would like to change my order id from ex 11500 to 600, but when i change in phpmyadmin to 600, or when i delete this order - next orders is continue 11501..
  - alter table orders auto_increment = 600;  - not work

I have osc BS (last version from gburton)
Some idea ?

Hello @driven22,

Try the following:

In phpMyAdmin : select the orders table : click the "operations" tab : enter in "Auto Increment" the next orders ID you wish to use.

Take care that there doesn't already exist any higher id in the table.

I have 10 id higher than id "600" - so i must change manual this orders in table orders, orders history, orders total and where else ?
Two days ago when i have only one orders higher than  id:600 I was delete that Id orders in table orders, orders history, orders total and i was put:  alter table orders auto_increment = 600;  -but not work :(

Such a high order number appeared on import to the database of the missing record from the previous store. Therefore, such a high numbering of orders suddenly appeared. I thought it would be easy to change this order numbering

15 minutes ago, driven22 said:

I have 10 id higher than id "600" - so i must change manual this orders in table orders, orders history, orders total and where else ?
Two days ago when i have only one orders higher than  id:600 I was delete that Id orders in table orders, orders history, orders total and i was put:  alter table orders auto_increment = 600;  -but not work :(

Such a high order number appeared on import to the database of the missing record from the previous store. Therefore, such a high numbering of orders suddenly appeared. I thought it would be easy to change this order numbering

Order_id is used in all tables beginning with "orders_" except "orders_status".

However I wouldn't recommend to change existing order ids. They may have been already refernced in order confirmation or status update mails.

i would recommend to use the next number of the highest already existing order id for to manually set auto increment to avoid any conflicts.

Archived