JcM Custom Store Info Box CEBS4/3

A simple add-on to let you place a Custom Box onto your site. It can be used as you like, it can be customized in admin. It is provided with a default setting for 2 main function and called “Latest Updates” but you can call it what you like just change the name in admin. 1) it has a vertical scrolling marque set up so you can display information to your customers. You can edit the messages and settings in admin. 2) It has all the store information displayed below the marque. This saves a lot of space at the base as you will not need the footer. It makes use of the bootstrap modal to show the information in a popup modal. Again all the info can be edited in admin and will not interfere with the stock info. Again totally standalone with no core code change. Simply copy all files into relevant sections and go to admin modules /box's and install.

Has been tested on CE BS4 and CE BS3 only.

Use the right files for your site.

Enjoy.

BS4 can be seen on test site https://chilleddisplays.co.uk/

BS3 can be seen on test site https://www.justfastfood.com/

image.png.7df0f8c21fb0231c04b0f330b4530952.png

image.png.614032a76f85014e3778ad2aa1a85e44.png

image.png.70153cc0d9b24a8bcf0ed1243db8bb43.png

bug fix:

templates/bm_jcm_custom_information.php

change

line 6:

height: <?php echo MODULE_BOXES_JCM_CUSTOM_INFORMATION_MARQUEELHEIGHT?>; /*marquee height */ 

to

height: <?php echo MODULE_BOXES_JCM_CUSTOM_INFORMATION_MARQUEEHEIGHT?>; /*marquee height */

5 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

:thumbsup:thanks, one that got away!

I take it you must be using the BS4 version as it's only been missed in that file.

not exactly. Im slowly upgrading the BS3 to BS4 and im currently checking the files diference by comparing them. Found that one out. Hope it was usefull.

You have been doing a great job by posting both variants. Hope some others will do the same for new and for the old modules aswell.

Hi @JcMagpie This add on is going to save me some space but I need to make some change and can't work out how

I have tried commenting stuff out of languages and template but can't get the results

1. The contact us pops up with out clicking on it, how to make it change to only pop up which clicked
  2. Need to remove the "Please read our Privicy GDPR statement" and button from the contact us pop up
  3. Need to remove "Privicy & GDPR" from box
  4. In public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/bm_jcm_custom_information.php
    I am only using define('MODULE_BOXES_JCM_CUSTOM_INFORMATION_ANN1',  and define('MODULE_BOXES_JCM_CUSTOM_INFORMATION_ANN2',
    which has resulted in a lot of white space being displayed before it cycles again.

Just another question can I get the scroller to display CUSTOM_INFORMATION_ANN1  and the pause for a little then scroll to CUSTOM_INFORMATION_ANN2  and pause and so on and so on

I don't mind giving you pointers on how to do this your self but I simply don't have the time to mod add-on's so ,

2 hours ago, supercheaphobb said:

The contact us pops up with out clicking on it, how to make it change to only pop up which clicked

Look for the hover event and remove it. It's clearly marked in the code.

<!--------------script to make modal open on hover start need to add id's to modals---------------->
<script>
$("#b1").hover(function () {
    $('#myModaljcm1').modal({
        show: true,
        backdrop: false
    })
});

Need to remove the "Please read our Privicy GDPR statement" and button from the contact us pop up

These are Modal's so look for the relavent modal section and commet out the full section.

Need to remove "Privicy & GDPR" from box

Again it's simply a case of commeting out the relavent sections of code. Use your browser inspection tool to see which section is beeing used and remove or comment it out.

If I remember right the code is clearly marked for the start and end of each Modal.

In public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/bm_jcm_custom_information.php
I am only using define('MODULE_BOXES_JCM_CUSTOM_INFORMATION_ANN1',  and define('MODULE_BOXES_JCM_CUSTOM_INFORMATION_ANN2',
which has resulted in a lot of white space being displayed before it cycles again.

You would need to edit the js code to change that.

With all these changes maybe you would be better off looking for another add-on which actual is closer to what you need? Have a poke arounf the test site and see if you see somthing.

https://chilleddisplays.co.uk/index.php

Or simply ask one of the developer to make you a custom add-on.

On 12/10/2018 at 12:25 PM, JcMagpie said:

Has been tested on CE BS4 and CE BS3 only.

How does one know if they are using BS3 or BS4? 

And what's the difference?  Thanks!

- Andrea

6 hours ago, puggybelle said:

How does one know if they are using BS3 or BS4? 

And what's the difference?  Thanks!

check your code to see what is beeing called for boostrap in template_top, just inspect using browser tools.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.1.0/css/bootstrap.min.css" 

Boostrap 4 is the update to Bootstrap 3 , runs a bit faster is less resource hungry and introduces a few new classes among other things.