• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO Boxes Question

Dj-Viper

Hello,

Situation : i have run all the updates from github untill march 2018 to get my version of oscommerce up to date.

I use Header Tags SEO as my seo.

But in the updates there are also seo updates from github that are now in my shop, not activated by the header tags. But the edit boxes of the inbuild are there in adding categories, manufactures and adding a product.  See example picture.

This box for example is from a update on github to a newer version of oscommerce. 

Link https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/2b1d17857893a30513878ab24d34ffb5211436f1

Because i don't use it i want them removed, does undoing the for example above update remove the boxes safely.

Keep in mind i don't have header_tags - categorie SEO, Manufacturer SEO and Product SEO installed. So far i know is the Header Tags SEO of Jack the only one activated.

Greetings, Anne

test1.jpg

test1.jpg

9 minutes ago, Dj-Viper said:

Situation : i have run all the updates from github untill march 2018 to get my version of oscommerce up to date.

If you updated to some form Bootstrap CE then SEO is now built into the code. If you don't want to use it then dont turn them on and leave the boxes blank! No need to remove them. BS is moduler so just dont turn them on.

4 minutes ago, Dj-Viper said:

If possible i would like to remove the boxes

If you mean the entries showing in admin, yes, they can be deleted. You just need to be sure to delete both files associated with the module. The main modules are in includes/modules/header_tags/ and there is a corresponding file in the languages directory.

If you mean to remove boxes from the shop side, just disable them in admin as mentioned by Zahid. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Understand about the headertags modules, those i can delete.

But the boxes i don't understand see image, the Header Tags SEO boxes are under the image. 

Think i have to delete those from the categories.php files etc.

Greetings, Anne

test3.jpg

44 minutes ago, Dj-Viper said:

Think i have to delete those from the categories.php files etc

OK, I see what you mean now. Yes, you would have to delete those from the categories file. The categories file included in the BS section of the last uploaded version of Header Tags SEO has those removed. So you can use a compare program, like WinMerge, to locate and delete them. There are also boxes for the products in that file that you may want to remove and some in the manufacturers.php file as well.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived