• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Video questions 2.3.4BS Gold

1- Most important: I put my snippet in the HTML "SOURCE" (have ckeditor installed) section, add an image with the button and save. All good, video works in popup.

If I edit the product, the snippet goes on vacation and I have to re-add it. Is this normal or am I missing something?

2- I would like the main image on product_info to be an autoplay video when available. I have seen this done with no extra image, i.e. 360 or play button needed and with the extra image showing with the additional images but playing as the main. My G foo isn't working for this.

Thanks

How are you editing this "snippet"? Are you  saying that you can successfully add it via CKeditor, but if you edit it via CKeditor, it immediately vanishes? That sounds like a bug in CKeditor if it's losing pure HTML content. Does it not immediately vanish when you save your edit, but disappear some time later? Are you able to add it back in with the CKeditor? You might want to browse the product data table in phpMyAdmin (or equivalent) to see if the HTML "snippet" truly vanished, or is still hiding in there somewhere.

If you want to autoplay a video, please be considerate of your customers. At least mute the sound so that their co-workers don't get irritated by it.

2 hours ago, MrPhil said:

How are you editing this "snippet"? Are you  saying that you can successfully add it via CKeditor, but if you edit it via CKeditor, it immediately vanishes? That sounds like a bug in CKeditor if it's losing pure HTML content. Does it not immediately vanish when you save your edit, but disappear some time later? Are you able to add it back in with the CKeditor? You might want to browse the product data table in phpMyAdmin (or equivalent) to see if the HTML "snippet" truly vanished, or is still hiding in there somewhere.

If you want to autoplay a video, please be considerate of your customers. At least mute the sound so that their co-workers don't get irritated by it.

I am editing the product not the snippet.

I create a product , add images save. If I add the video at this point in HTML box it will not work. Edit to add snippet- Edit product, ckeditor now shows on New Product in " " page including the images, where I can now add the snippet to source. Save, video plays, all good. See mistake in description go back to edit save again video gone. I have to add the snippet back in for every edit. 

Data base shows snippet before editing product then shows what is left after edit, which is what I see in the HTML box. see pics

I use muted to keep chrome happy though my videos are all silent to begin with. Just 360 views.

stock_osc.jpg

ckeditor.jpg

edit-product-ckeditor.jpg

db.jpg

post-edit-db.jpg

49 minutes ago, Big Bear said:

Data base shows snippet before editing product then shows what is left after edit, which is what I see in the HTML box. see pics

I would check the setup of ckeditor as it looks to be striping html tags. This is a know fuction in ckeditor and can be changed as required. I had the same problem when using it when ever i added tables or other complex formating as HTML code it would work fine when first inserted, however when you go back to edit using CK it's internal filters would take effect when you saved your edits and mess things up! In the end I found it just was not worth the efforet and dumped ck editor prefering to format the data using a good wysiwyg  html editor ( I use pingendo it's bootstraped and free) https://pingendo.com/ Others are available 😊

https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckeditor4/latest/guide/dev_advanced_content_filter.html

This discusses changing filter in more detail.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15659390/ckeditor-automatically-strips-classes-from-div

another known issue is CKEditor strips <i> Tag fix is shown here,

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18250404/ckeditor-strips-i-tag

11 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

I would check the setup of ckeditor as it looks to be striping html tags.

Ya know, now that you mention it, a long time back I think I had to set it to strip the tags as they were showing after editing info pages.

I will look at pingendo, in the meantime I will have to remember to use A.A.S. to edit the description when needed.

Many Thanks to both of you!

On 12/5/2018 at 1:01 PM, Big Bear said:

strip the tags as they were showing after editing info pages.

That sounds like a call to htmlspecialchars() or maybe htmlentities() to turn < into &lt;, > into &gt;, or & into &amp; (and maybe others). That would disarm HTML tags and make them non-functional (also makes them display as-is). Many WYSIWYG editors routinely do this, although there should be a switch somewhere to suppress this for desired entries you actually want to be treated as HTML tags.

From what I recall, the only solution I found at the time was to change some code for the editor.

No worries now as I removed it from the new product page which lets me add the videos and I just copy a similar item from A.A.S. that still uses the editor and paste it into the description or I can use bluefish (free) to layout a different item.

Side note: Pingendo is only free for 15 days now.

53 minutes ago, Big Bear said:

Side note: Pingendo is only free for 15 days now

😊 Yes as with any program that becomes popular it tends to go to paid version. But hey it's good and cheap. You can still use it free for 5 days a month for ever for non commercial use. I started using it some time a go when it was free at V3. This version is now free but not supported any more but still works fine for BS3 which is what most of my live sites are. Bluefish is fine also.

You can get it here

http://download.pingendo.com/v3/pingendo-linux-x86_64.zip

Archived