• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for JcM Product info Sticky Buy Button V1.0

A simple add-on to let you replace the stock Product Information Buy Button with a sticky buy button that will not disappear from view as customer scrolls the info page. Can be configured in admin.

Again totally standalone with no core code change. Simply copy all files of the into relevant sections and go to admin modules /content and install.

Has been tested on CE BS4 and CE BS3

Can be seen on test site https://chilleddisplays.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/33

Enjoy.

Normal View

image.thumb.png.6cda968b2811b3b94a68d5dfc1aa1328.png

Scroll Down View,     scroll button size and margins can be set.

image.thumb.png.13f51b65dec00d85e180faff2bd707cd.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nothing clever or magic about this you can make any item do this by simply adding .sticky-top  to the class.

<nav class="navbar navbar-expand-sm bg-dark navbar-dark sticky-top">

You can do it t the current buy button if your happy editing the code.

The add-on just lets you turn off one button and use another so no editing is required. It's not for everyone as

Note: sticky-top does not work in IE11 and earlier.

Also can cause issues with other items such as images if they use Z-index

47 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

A little more info would help! also link to site.

You can see it working fine in CE BS4 on the test site.

https://chilleddisplays.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/49

It's a local install using xampp, php is 7.2, web browser is chrome version 72. 

When I went to your test site before posting it was the same issue there but when I go now it's working.

1 hour ago, LeeFoster said:

When I went to your test site before posting it was the same issue there but when I go now it's working.

It's working now for a short time as I turned it on to show you. Not all add-on's are left running on the test website as it would become silly with every single one turned on. 😊

Just check that you have it turned on and are not looking at the default buy button, has several people do that before now. Still stuck pm me your html output for the page its not working on.

Archived