• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for JcM Specials % discount Card Carousel CE BS4 and BS3

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for noob question but i'm trying to install the addon, i installed the JcM carousel footer and header but where is the general "Specials" module located? Is there no standard "Specials" module where you can edit the prices in Frozen BS 2.3.4?  I found a navbar module called "Special offers" but that doesn't do much for me. So installed this addon and did everything the instructions said but where do i actually edit the prices?

1 hour ago, alex121121 said:

but where do i actually edit the prices?

The add-on is not controling the prices they are done by the main code, just make a special as normal by going to admin and adding a product to specials.

image.png.73329b7c2e0167340cc40415d9ee2378.png

• 1 month later...

Would this add-on be able to be show on the product_info page rather than the main index page? Looks exactly like the thing I'm looking for.. Does it work with money off specials or is it just for discount percentage offers?

Ah, the world wide web. What a wonderful place.

46 minutes ago, freakystreak said:

Would this add-on be able to be show on the product_info page rather than the main index page?

Sure if you recode it to be a product info add-on.

47 minutes ago, freakystreak said:

Does it work with money off specials or is it just for discount percentage offers?

Not sure what you mean, it uses the stock osC specials to display the discount applied.

Thanks, sorry, ignore my second question. Got it to show on my product Info page.. However, stylesheets for owlcarousel don't seem to be loading. I will have a look into it deeper as it's probably my mistake. Great add on. 😊

Hmmmm.... Still can't get owl.carousel.css or owl.theme.default.css to load through header_tags/ht_jcm_owl_carousel2_js.php. Products are showing up but stacking one under another and no slides or transitions. Tried to insert the links manually and they do appear in the source but then the add on just displays the title bar and no products. Using CE Frozen. Any ideas on why? All I changed was installing the 'index' module files into 'Product_info'.

2 hours ago, freakystreak said:

All I changed was installing the 'index' module files into 'Product_info'.

Sorry if you customise the code your on your own. I just don't have the time to debug other peoples code. You can not just install them into product_info you would neeed to make a new add-on for product info. I would recomend asking one of the developers to mod the add-on for you if you must have it on product info page.

• 2 weeks later...

@JcMagpie got your excellent add-on to work perfectly and thanks for you help and advice. What I do notice is if you have only a small number of items on special, the products get repeated. At the moment I have 1 product on special and it's repeated across all 4 slots. Is there a way to limit the products that display so as not to repeat? 

2 hours ago, freakystreak said:

Is there a way to limit the products that display so as not to repeat? 

It's a limitation of the code, so you can set number of products to spin in admin, but the number displayed are a function of the settings in the js script for owl carousell, the number shown changes with screen size so it's not easly changable.

Your options?

1) turn off scroll so its a static display

2) add more special offer 😊

3) change the owl2 settings to show only one on a large screen.

Sorry, I didn't explain that well. Currently I have 1 special offer and the same offer is repeated  4 times. I have turned off 'auto-play'. I just need it to display the correct amount of specials. Thanks

only way to do that is to limit the diaply you hav to edit the script.

3) change the owl2 settings to show only one on a large screen. In .....       includes/modules/content/index/templates/specials_products_carousel.php

change the 4 to 1,  now you will have one large dispaly. Sorry that's the limitations of the code. To do more you would need to change the width from 12 to 4 and Play with all the settings.

owl.owlCarousel({

responsive:{	
                  0:{
                       items:1
                         },

600:{
                       items:2
                          },

1000:{
                        items:4

right I see. So just to clarify, it will display 4 items even though there is only one special offer? At the moment there is one special offer being repeated 4 times. It's no problem if I have 4 specials. Sorry I'm not explaining myself very well am I?

😂 i think were going round in circles or I'm missing something. Yes by default the width is set by the site so it will show 4 items to fit screen as screen size changes it will reduce in size and the number of items displayed drops. So it's not posiable to hack to make it show just one and not be responsive. As I said change the script to show just one on large screen and you will see only one.

if you look at your site on mobile you will see it only shows one.

• 4 months later...

Has been updated...

Let you place a special products carousel the index page. It is based on an existing add-on so all credit goes to the original author.

You can display 2 overlays onto the carousel.

1) Sale ribbon (animated)

2) % discount card (animated)

You can have either one show or both, simply select which in admin. Animation can also be turned on and off in admin.

The Carousel animation is set in admin and can be slide or instant switch.

Updated for Phoenix and loads scripts using hooks.

It is still a no core change add-on.

Simply copy over the files and install and turn on the new add-on.

It has been tested on Phoenix 1.0.4.0 only

image.png.3a95b9e72cbf1c2d3b36fc31f352c957.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 8:29 PM, JcMagpie said:

@JcMagpie

hi Zahid,

Thank you very much for the addon. Installed it, have a question, by default, has only one special (orange) for sale, I haven't put any other special products, this is how it show up on my index page, instead of show up only 1 product for specials, it show up 4 but all same orange, how can I fix this problem?

Many thanks!  Lyn
image.png.4f2eb2213ef525af262c41ec85c626a1.png

Archived