Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
tomovic

shop and Calender...

Hello,
I have osCommerce
I would like to fill my shopping cart and later at the cashier, have a diary, where the customer can select the delivery date.
Is there something already, if not where do I start?

@tomovic

First off, which version of osCommerce do you have? You have posted in the portion of the forum for version 2.4, which has been in Beta for a while, but is not ready for a live store.

If you are just starting out, please be aware that the last 'official' version (v2.3.4 and v2.3.4.1 hot-patch) are very much out of date! The osCommerce project was lead by one person that has been absent for quite some time. In his absence, the "community" has continued with the development of osC. Unfortunately, that one missing person is the only one that can make this continued development an 'official' release.

The 'Community Edition' (also called osC-CE (for Community Edition), osC-BS (for Bootstrap, the platform it is based on), osC-Edge, osC-Final, and/or osC-Frozen. These are all different names for the same thing) is a big improvement over the last 'official' v2.3.4 release in a number of ways:

1) It is responsive. This means that it will adjust the screen layout depending on the size of the screen of your customer's device. This is very important in this day of mobile devices. The 'official' version is not responsive.

2) It will work with the newer version of PHP, the scripting language used in osC. As more and more hosts upgrade their servers to PHP 7.x, older versions of osC (including the 'official' version) will crash.

3) It is much more modular. This means that you can turn features on or off, change the layout, or even add new features, all without touching the core code.

You can find a link to the latest 'Frozen' version of the Community Edition in my signature below.

If you are on the 'Frozen' version, we can go forward from here. If not, I strongly encourage you to upgrade. Do be aware that this is not an "in place" upgrade. Basically, you'd install Frozen fresh into a separate directory, migrate your data (customers, products, sales, etc), and re-apply any add-ons and/or styling changes.

HTH

Malcolm

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Frozen" release here