• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ce7

Hi,

I had installed this define content for 2.3 addons on 234.1 Edge (BS) version and it works when the page urls are generated based on page titles are entered. It means if the page is privacy.php / privacy.php / conditions.php then it will not be able to be updated or edit.

As I also installed the Information Page Unlimited, this will not work together with it. So I thought to define the page to cm_footer_information_links.php
here is the code I changed:

function execute() {
      global $oscTemplate;
	          if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_first_name') && tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
              $content_query = tep_db_query("select page_title, page_url from `define_content` where status='yes' order by id");
            } else {
                $content_query = tep_db_query("select page_title, page_url from `define_content` where status='yes' and login_view='no' order by id");
            }
              $content_data = '';
              if ($number_of_rows = tep_db_num_rows($content_query)) {
                  while ($content = tep_db_fetch_array($content_query)) {
                      $content_data .='    <a href="' . tep_href_link('pages.php', 'page=' . $content['page_url']) . '">' . $content['page_title'] . '</a><br />' ;
                  }
              }

$data = '  <div class="col-sm-<?php echo $content_width; ?> cm-footer-information-links">' .
              '  <div class="footerbox information">' .
              $content_data .
              '</div>' .
              '  <ul class="nav nav-pills nav-stacked">' .
                   tep_information_show_category(1) .                    
                     //'    <a href="' . tep_href_link('shipping.php') . '">' . MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br />' .
                       //'    <a href="' . tep_href_link('privacy.php') . '">' . MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br />' .
                       //'    <a href="' . tep_href_link('conditions.php') . '">' . MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br />' .
                         '    <a href="' . tep_href_link('about_us.php') . '">' . MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_INFORMATION_ABOUT . '</a>' .
                    '  </div>' .
                      '</div>';

$content_width = (int)MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_INFORMATION_CONTENT_WIDTH;
	      //ob_start();
      //include('includes/modules/content/' . $this->group . '/templates/tpl_' . basename(__FILE__));
      //$template = ob_get_clean();
	      $oscTemplate->addContent($template, $this->group);
    }

At admin I can modify and update the pages, but the front end it did not dynamically be updated. Can any please give advise of how to make it works?

Many thanks. Lyn

I'm not sure I understand but here are a few thoughts:

- I'm not familiar with the define content addon but you can edit language pages in CE shops using the inbuilt define languages tool.

- I suggest you use Information Pages SEO instead of Information Pages unlimited. Neither of those will work with hard-coded pages. But if you want to keep those pages, you can use the Message option to insert a message and that will accomplish the same thing.

- If you just need to edit the language files you can install Text Master. But it will need some editing to remove filename definitions to make it CE compatible.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

11 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

I'm not sure I understand but here are a few thoughts:

- I'm not familiar with the define content addon but you can edit language pages in CE shops using the inbuilt define languages tool.

- I suggest you use Information Pages SEO instead of Information Pages unlimited. Neither of those will work with hard-coded pages. But if you want to keep those pages, you can use the Message option to insert a message and that will accomplish the same thing.

- If you just need to edit the language files you can install Text Master. But it will need some editing to remove filename definitions to make it CE compatible.

@Jack_mcs  Hi Jack,

Thank you so much for your reply. I will install the Information Pages SEO instead later as you suggested.
About the define contents, it is working but not working together with Information Pages as they both using the Infobox.

I just install FIMBLE's new one WYSIWYG CKE Editor edit pages BOOTSTRAP, reference for people encounter same issue, this is the one I will suggest to go , FIMBLE one will modify the catalog / conditions.php / privacy.php / shipping.php directly which can be show up at the footer content area. So it does not have conflict with the Information Unlimited Page (SEO).  Tested, working great!

Once again Jack, appreciated for spending time to help!!!

@ce7Glad to hear you got it working. But I'm curious why you would use two addons when one will work? With Information Pages, there's no reason to have files like conditions.php? While both addons may accomplish what you want, you now have to maintain both. Doesn't that just complicate things for you?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

13 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

@ce7Glad to hear you got it working. But I'm curious why you would use two addons when one will work? With Information Pages, there's no reason to have files like conditions.php? While both addons may accomplish what you want, you now have to maintain both. Doesn't that just complicate things for you?

@Jack_mcs  Hi Jack,

I think the reason I left the information infobox and footer information link both is that I compose the oscommerce addons package for my own website, but i also let other shop owners (I give it away free before but intend to charge after install more addons and make sure no bugs.) So the other owners can have options to choose which one fit better with their template design. Personally I like Information page unlimited (SEO) as have more possibilities.

May I also ask you a further question, oscommerce is great even a lot of payment systems choose not to support osC. And the thing make osC lack of competition to WP or others is that there is no good modules yet to help shop owners to  design template system (drag and drop & inline/markup design) in a simple and easy way. I knew/heard used to have STS for 2.2 but not after that.....

there is a lot of drag and drop javascript out there which is really great for beginner computer users (a lot of website owners really know no much about computer, mostly just browsing and using email...) I want to have information page unlimited that can trigger drag and drop javascript so website owners can just simpily drop the block of templates (video/text/link/images/blog/faq...) whatever order they like, any suggestion of my idea?

Thanks!  Lyn

51 minutes ago, ce7 said:

I want to have information page unlimited that can trigger drag and drop javascript so website owners can just simpily drop the block of templates (video/text/link/images/blog/faq...) whatever order they like, any suggestion of my idea?

I guess it depends, at least in part, in how you define a template. In versions of oscommerce before the CE version, a template referred to the complete appearance of the shop. That would include the color scheme, placement of infoboxes and some options. In the CE version much of the layout is handled by a few clicks in admin. And the color and design is mostly handled with css. There are sites where css packages can be downloaded for free, like here, and there is an addon that lets you change the theme via admin. If the shop owner wants a new feature, like a FAQ page, then that can be installed quickly with the FAQ addon. So with the CE version, the word template gets a little hazy.

It isn't a drag and drop setup like with some other shops but I don't think it is any more difficult. If you wanted to sell a "template" with a basic black and red color scheme, no infoboxes and a horizontal menu, you could upload a new css file and the addons needed and then run a script to set the options as needed, like enabling a module. That can all be done without too much effort. It would fail as the number of addons increased and if they had manually file changes to make. But for some it wouldn't matter.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs  hi Jack,

Thank you again for the suggestions and the link.

I was thinking before to have the all osc text set up as text variables and save in database, like css selector, and can have drop down menu to select which text to modify. (Kind of product under different catalog or sub-catalog concept...) again, this is thinking for shop owners who can easily to modify the text / setence, css (many shop owners really not even know what is css, something like inspector tool is  more understandable for basic computer users...)

I will try the link after Information Pages SEO. I just had a look, i think it is great, especially the link to categories and products!!!

Self-learning oscommerce and programming, so really hope one day can have ability like you guys to develop my own addon... once again, thank you so much for all suggestions and great addons and support!!!

Lyn

Archived