• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

index_maintenance.php error

My CE Frozen site has been running on PHP 7.2 for several weeks. I have just spotted these in the error log. I have changed nothing, has something unusual run?

[11-Nov-2018 19:57:12 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant DIR_WS_LANGUAGES - assumed 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGES' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/*****/public_html/index_maintenance.php on line 15
[11-Nov-2018 19:57:12 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGESenglish/index_maintenance.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*****/public_html/index_maintenance.php on line 15
[11-Nov-2018 19:57:12 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGESenglish/index_maintenance.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*****/public_html/index_maintenance.php on line 15
[11-Nov-2018 19:57:12 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGESenglish/index_maintenance.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php72/usr/share/pear') in /home/*****/public_html/index_maintenance.php on line 15

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

The error message tells you exact which is the problem.

In the file "index_maintenance.php" you have still the directory constant for the language directory. This has been removed in CE EDGE (and Frozen) since time. Nothing to do with PHP 7.2.

Just edit this file and change:

DIR_WS_LANGUAGES

to:

'includes/languages/'

don't forget the single quotes.

Thank you, I will do that but why has it suddenly appeared? The shop has been running since 23rd September and it is not until 11th November that I get an error.

I have just realised, that file is part of the Store Mode addon that I have, but I have not invoked it for weeks???

Checked back in the logs and it was AhrefsBot.

I have found various on line opinions as whether to allow or not.

Any thoughts?

Disallow, it's considered a malicious BOT. The simple fact that it searches for files which are not linked anywhere in your store is enough to know that it's not a "good" bot.

Meanwhole you could consider to update your maintenance/store mode add-on to this one:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/XTWqf&store-mode-bs

the maintenance page is 100% stand alone and doesn't require any additional store files to show correct, just as it should be.

Archived