• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

one paypal acouunt, two shops on different domains

Mikepo

Hi,
I wanting to have two shops using the same paypay account.  
Reason, the shops are related and can operate under the same business name and bank account.

Using stripe is simple, you can have two accounts under the umbrella account.

With Paypal, you can assign another email address and receive payment on both emails, 
but the return URL is set in stone in the PayPal account. So both shops will return to the same return URL.

Looking at the help pages you can switch that off and set the return URL for individual transactions, 
by including the return variable in the HTML form: 

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="return" value="The-Page-On-Your-Site-To-Which-Buyer-Returns;">

Has anyone done this with success?

If so, can they advise how to do it?

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

The correct return URL is passed for each store in the PayPal payment modules and overwrite the setting in your payPal account. Same for all other store URLs like cancel etc.

So you do not need to worry about. it will just work.

so you are saying, that you don't need to set the return URL in the PayPal account, as the osCommerce Paypal module already defines the return URL based upon the domain name?

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

24 minutes ago, Mikepo said:

so you are saying, that you don't need to set the return URL in the PayPal account, as the osCommerce Paypal module already defines the return URL based upon the domain name?

Yes, it's this.

example paypal_standard.php (other modules do the same):

$parameters = array('cmd' => '_cart',
                          'notify_url' => tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php', (isset($ipn_language) ? 'language=' . $ipn_language : ''), 'SSL', false, false),
						  'return' => tep_href_link('checkout_process.php', '', 'SSL'),
                          'cancel_return' => tep_href_link('checkout_payment.php', '', 'SSL'),

tep_href_link function will produce the correct URL of the store's domain.

Yep @raiwa is right, just checked, and it returns to the create domain.  However, the name of the link(not the actual url) to cancel the payment refers the the  primary webshop1, not the secondary webshop2.  Can the name of the secondary webshop2 be defined in paypal?

This is strange, see my above post with paypal_standard example. Which module are you using?

I'm using PayPal Standard.

When I'm transferred to PayPal, their site states the name of Webshop1(the primary account), and the link to cancel also states the name of Webshop1 (the URL is correct though, Webshop2)

So, can PayPal show the name for Webshop2 instead?

Do you mean the Cancel link shows correct like "Cancel and return to Webshop2" But the name in the header area is wrong?

Then to show the correct name in the header area you have to define a template for the second store and set it in the pay pal App settings in your store as page style.

I'm using paypal express and all works ok there.

yep, understand correctly.

So were do I define a template and set it in the pay palApp settings in my store as page style?

OK, I've looked, searched via google, and can't find how to define a template in PayPal to use as a Page Style.

The Page Style in the oscommerce PayPal App defaults to 'PalPay', I believe this is what has to be changed to match the template in PayPal.  But where do I create the template ?

I need this change, as I want to use one PayPal Account with two shops. The Page Style, once defined, will show the correct shop details during the payment process through PayPal.

Does anyone do this using PayPal Standard?

From PayPal forum

"In the past, there was the optional variable "page_style" which you could use to call out a custom payment page style for checkout pages, by using this variable and it's value, you could have a different page style for different items.   However, the variable was deprecated (phased out) back in 2016. (Deprecated variables are ignored when you pass them to PayPal.)"

I remember I had to change the default page style/name/logo  in PayPal settings so it could do for both of my sites.

5 hours ago, douglaswalker said:

From PayPal forum

"In the past, there was the optional variable "page_style" which you could use to call out a custom payment page style for checkout pages, by using this variable and it's value, you could have a different page style for different items.   However, the variable was deprecated (phased out) back in 2016. (Deprecated variables are ignored when you pass them to PayPal.)"

I remember I had to change the default page style/name/logo  in PayPal settings so it could do for both of my sites.

@douglaswalker

Thanks for the update. Wasn't aware of this.

Archived