• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout confirmation blank white page

zefeena

Hi,

Just recently I noticed customers putting through their orders multiple times.  I think after they pay, when it goes to either checkout confirmation it loads a blank white page, so they press return again (and again, and again) creating multiple orders, though only paying once.  I am not sure if its also messing my stock control up.  

I recently adjusted items in the configuration file, and also made changes to orders.php so I'm wondering if one of those might be causing the problem.

My sales have dropped dramatically recently so I think people are being put off, hence need to fix it quick!  thanks

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would simply undo the changes you have made and see what happens. Then only introduce them again one at a time checking each time before adding another.

Also check your error log as it should give you some idea of what is going wrong.

I only altered the country in the config file, and although admin/orders.php is showing as recently edited, I can't see any changes I made.   I did add a bit of text on the footer to admin/invoice, but can't see why that would make any difference to the check-out confirmation loading up.  I have looked through the files and can't see any others that I've changed in years!

I don't seem to be able to see the 'logs' as they are .GZ and won't open if I download them.  I wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Go to the root of your store and look for a file error_log and see what is listed in it. It should be a txt file.

also white screen may still contain some info right click mouse and select view page source and see what is shown.

The White Screen of Death often means that there was a fatal PHP error encountered -- your code is messed up. Undo all your changes, see if you're running again, and as suggested, reintroduce changes one at a time. Be very, very careful that you don't make mistakes editing (you probably did, somewhere). As for one file being unaccountably updated recently, take a close look at that file to make sure you haven't been hacked. Compare it to a known-good backup copy.

You can make an error log to easily acces by doing this in application_top. 

Find

require('includes/configure.php');

after that add

ini_set('error_log', 'includes/catalog_errors.log');

This will create an error log in your includes folder.  Run an order and then you can post the results here. 

I'm not really a dog.

Does it literally say "admin-name", rather than the actual name of the admin directory? You should have given (or changed) your admin directory from the default "admin" to something else during installation (and never give out that name, including in this forum!). It's also a little late now, but you should not give out your hosting account name, either, as someone sharing your server might be able to get into your files (or at least, take a look around).

The error messages say that it's looking for /catalog/<adminname>/includes/languages/english/invoice.php in /includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php.  email_invoice.php would appear to be in a root installation of the catalog (public store side), while it's looking for the file in /catalog/<adminname>/ area... did you put your store into the root, and the admin under catalog? That's a strange setup, but I suppose it's possible. BTW, if you wanted customers to not have to type in /catalog, you would have been better off leaving it in /catalog and using a URL rewrite to jump visitors to / (root) to /catalog.  I don't know if something on the public side looking for files on the admin side is normal in your version of osC, or if something is seriously screwed up.

What changed since November 3? Could you have been hacked?

I don't think email_invoice is a stock osc file, so it looks that you added that.  You need to look at includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

That needs to point to the correct path for the language file.  Is this a contrib you added?

I'm not really a dog.

12 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

Does it literally say "admin-name", rather than the actual name of the admin directory?

Hi, Yes, it literally says what i pasted! My admin name was changed to something long and unlikely for anyone to guess!

I never set the site up myself, and lots of stuff never worked properly.  I had the dress code theme added too, and its been a real mess, but I have about 3000 stock controlled products and lost a lot of business when the site went down, so I really daren't mess with it too much!

Okay, a little searching and it looks like you installed this addon "Fancier Invoice & Packing Slip for OSC 2"   Line 30 is

require(DIR_FS_ADMIN . DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . "/" . FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE);

You need to make sure you have DIR_FS_ADMIN defined correctly, just change that line to the correct path.  Probably read through the documentation or see if there's a thread for it.  One thing that stands out is that it is not compatible with Paypal IPN.

It's a good practice to have a test site of some sort to try things first.  Otherwise, you'll continue to have your site crashing. 

I'm not really a dog.

Think I found your problem.  Look at step 7 in the instructions on this addon and if you added the last line as is, then there's your problem.  It has to have the correct path.

7) Edit catalog/includes/filenames.php

Add the following before the closing ?>

// BOF Fancier Invoice
define('FILENAME_EMAIL_INVOICE', 'email_invoice.php');
define('FILENAME_EMAIL_CACHE_FILE', 'temp_cache.php');
define('FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE', 'invoice.php');
define('FILENAME_PRINT_MY_INVOICE', 'print_my_invoice.php');
define('FILENAME_ORDERS_PRINTABLE', 'print_my_invoice.php');
define('FILENAME_ORDERS_PRINTABLE_INFO', 'print_my_invoice.php');
define('EMAIL_INVOICE_DIR', 'email_invoice/');
define('INVOICE_TEMPLATE_DIR', 'templates/');
define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/username/public_html/catalog/admin-name/'); // absolute path required

I'm not really a dog.

yes I do have the 'fancier invoice' and I may have messed something up in my invoice trying to make the text move over a little to the right as it was virtually falling off the page! I didn't actually think I'd changed anything though, but I may have done accidentally (which means I have no idea how to undo it!) 

7 minutes ago, John W said:

require(DIR_FS_ADMIN . DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . "/" . FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE);

So where do I check this is correctly written? thanks

Thank you John. I have now added the  admin name  correctly into the filenames.php.           though it was probably never there so not sure that will cure all my problems, but can't hurt!

I also have this error a lot:

[07-Nov-2018 15:45:57 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Missing argument 6 for OSCOM_PayPal::log(), called   /public_html/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php on line 294 and defined in /public_html/includes/apps/paypal/OSCOM_PayPal.php on line 23
[07-Nov-2018 15:47:02 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  require(/home/username/public_html/catalog/admin-name/includes/languages/english/invoice.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30
[0

Kellie,  DIR_FS_ADMIN  was defined somewhere or your error would have been different.  You should search through your files for it because it can't be defined twice.

On your post abobe, the second line is what we've been working on.  Are you still getting that error, or just referring to the first line?  I don't have an answer for you on the paypal warning. 

I'm not really a dog.

@zefeena

1 hour ago, zefeena said:

yes I do have the 'fancier invoice' and I may have messed something up in my invoice trying to make the text move over a little to the right as it was virtually falling off the page! I didn't actually think I'd changed anything though, but I may have done accidentally (which means I have no idea how to undo it!) 

So where do I check this is correctly written? thanks

DIR_FS_ADMIN is defined in catalog/<your admin directory>/includes/configure.php. If it is not there, you need to add it.

While what @John W said above is true, if you are using a current version of osC CE, there is no catalog/includes/filenames.php.

So, in whichever file you have the above line of code, you will need to hard-code change it to:

require(DIR_FS_ADMIN . ' languages/ ' . $language . '/invoice.php') ;

HTH

M

The file she is using is in the catalog side, so the admin config is not called.  She could put it in her configure file, but i was going off the install instructions from that addon. 

I'm not really a dog.

AFAIK, the Fancy Invoice add-on is only used in the Admin side of the store. It is for when the administrator wants to send a "fancy" invoice to the customer. Neither the customer nor the administrator can use it from the shop side of the store.

As I said, the DIR_FS_ADMIN is defined on the Admin side of the store, not the shop side. This leads me to think that this should be in the Admin side of the store.

@zefeena

Where is the file that has that line of code? Was it a part of the Fancy Invoice add-on?

M

Just to be clear, if you added the line for defining DIR_FS_ADMIN, you have to change "admin-name" in the string to the actual name of your admin directory. "admin-name" is just a placeholder, as is "username".

Hi, I'm not sure what 'fancy invoice have', as I didn't install any of it, and its an old install. v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed

Eventually I'll update, when I'm feeling brave!  I think that the invoice is causing me the trouble.  I did add some text in,  For informing people about returning goods - we are now supposed to enclose a returns form when sending out orders (due to this new wonderful l idea thought up by people who think when we are own business we have so much time on our hands).  I think I may have messed it up some how, the attached one is from my admin folder

invoice.php

@zefeena

Did things work before you made the changes to your invoice.php file? Do you have a backup copy of the file before you edited it?

In your file, where you added your returns information, you have a lot of <br> tags to insert line breaks. Since all tags are supposed to have an opening and closing tag, and since the <br> doesn't need one, the correct HTML code for the tag is <br /> (note the extra space and the back slash). While this *shouldn't* matter, it's best to use proper HTML code.

M

@ArtcoInc,

I remember a post where @burt says both versions are valid and that he uses <br> because it's shorter (less to type).

I also found this info:

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_br.asp

Differences Between HTML and XHTML

In HTML, the <br> tag has no end tag.

In XHTML, the <br> tag must be properly closed, like this: <br />.

Another resource:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1946426/html-5-is-it-br-br-or-br

Simply <br> is sufficient.

Archived