• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout confirmation blank white page

zefeena

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check your configurations... in some places you show the shop installed directly in root (public_html/), and other places you show in "catalog" (public_html/catalog/). You need to find out what your actual file directory structure is (with or without catalog/) and consistently use that. Then, I've seen "admin" and "admin-name" in file paths. At some point, you probably (should have) changed your "admin" to something else. Both "admin" and "admin-name" in configuration files should match whatever your actual admin directory name is. And finally, "username" is another placeholder that needs to be changed to your actual account name.

Do not show your account username or the admin name in any public forum, such as this one. Be sure to change them before posting. Using "****" or "[username]" and "[admin]" makes it clear that you've changed it.

19 hours ago, zefeena said:

With the add-ons I just follow the install advice, and if they don't work I have no clue why!  

Here is the file I have used on my test site which works.

It has,

1) All file names hardcoded in

2) all paths fixed to correct stock osC

3) all none stock code commeted out //

This works on my test site and should work on yours.

Once you are able to get a succesfull check out you can then add back the commeted out parts one at a time and see what error they cause and fix each one before trying the next.

checkout_process-fix.php

On 11/9/2018 at 10:18 PM, ArtcoInc said:

Step 6:
You need to add a new configure.php file into your catalog/includes/local folder. This file may or may not exist, if it does not, simply upload the included configure.php file to your catalog/includes/local folder.

Please Note:
Before you do, you must edit this file so that all the paths are correct.

If you already have configure.php file into your catalog/includes/local folder, just add the following to it before the final ?>

// Folder Definitions
define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/YOUR_DOMAIN/public_html/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required
define('EMAIL_INVOICE_DIR', 'email_invoice/');
define('INVOICE_TEMPLATE_DIR', 'templates/');

// Email Invoice File Definitions
define('FILENAME_EMAIL_INVOICE', 'email_invoice.php');
define('FILENAME_EMAIL_CACHE_FILE', 'temp_cache.php');
define('FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE', 'invoice.php');

I am working my way through this thread as the situation as worsened, and now the orders don't get placed at all - it just goes round and round (if you want to see the problem you can create an order and go through the rpocess using 'admin only' as the payment method - no money is taken, its the COD module that has been re-named)

I looked at the quote above and there is in fact a 'local folder'. at public/includes/local

all I have in it is a txt file contents as follows

This directory contains local configuration information.

It also must contain a file named configure.php that can be used to override
the defaults set in application_top.php

Remember to execute PHP commands the file needs to start with <?php and end with ?>

There has never been a configure.php file in my install - obviously that had been missed!

As for the definitiions.  I do NOT have a catalog folder.

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

On 11/10/2018 at 12:05 AM, MrPhil said:

Do not show your account username or the admin name in any public forum, such as this one. Be sure to change them before posting. Using "****" or "[username]" and "[admin]" makes it clear that you've changed it.

I did  change my admin name - its wonderfully unguessable! 

The site is completely broken now and will not process orders at all.  So I'm now absolutely desperate.  This is my only source of income and the busiest time of year and my sales are now effectively zero. So please be patient with your instructions as I am very stressed and I get very confused at the best of times, right now I'm in melt-down/panic mode!

[11-Nov-2018 07:59:56 UTC] PHP Warning: require(classes/payment.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/(USERNAME)/public_html/checkout_process.php on line 45 [11-Nov-2018 07:59:56 UTC] PHP Warning: require(classes/payment.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/(USERNAME)/public_html/checkout_process.php on line 45 [11-Nov-2018 07:59:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'classes/payment.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/sewingchestco/public_html/checkout_process.php on line 45

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

13 minutes ago, zefeena said:

I am working my way through this thread as the situation as worsened, and now the orders don't get placed at all

It will as your doing many things at the same time ou should do one thing at a time and nothing else. Pick on soution to follow and folow only that pick which ever one you feel works for you. If you try doing more than one thing at the same time you will never know which worked and which did not!

Your site was fine a few days ago the only issue was the fancy invoice killing the last stage of checkout. With fancy invoice removed from checkout_process.php it will work fine.

You may be better of undoing all the changes in the last few day by restoring from a good back up and staring again doing only one change at a time.

The order get to checkout_confirmation, the white screen appears on checkout_process and goes no further, no order is processed, nothing happens and the only recourse is to shut the site page, or press the back key (turning to checkout confirmation).  ordering is now effectively stuck in a loop

I was trying to get back to how it was a few days ago, and I can't figure out that.  I have that many back-ups of files and when I download them they all end up in a download folder, so I've really lost the plot now.

I looked back and before all this started the problem started when I put a 'returns' form on the site. in a folder called PDF.  and added the few lines on my invoice - I didn't touch the checkout of other files.  What I remember is that I couldn't get the pdf to load when I went to view it, but then I found it did actually load from the customer side, so I 'may' have been looking at the confirmation files (god only knows which one, as there are so many), to check the file path was defined correctly. http://sewingchest.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1270

1 minute ago, zefeena said:

confirmation

configuration files

This has been going on for far too long and your shop is now totally broken as you say, but was working fine. Stop everything you are doing and start from a good known working copy of your site. If you dont have good backup copies, ask your host whether they have, most good hosts keep backups for 30 days. Upload a working set of files from when your site was working. That should get you back to something that is working. At least you will be able to take orders and satisfy your customers, they are the most important thing to you now as currently they are going elsewhere.

Once you have your site working, upload another set of files in a different folder, change the configuration files and use this set of files as a test environment. You can then start loading the files for the invoice that broke the site away from your actual store. Once you have that working as you want, you can add the files you have altered or overwrite the whole set of files. Never play with your live site and keep regular full site backups. You should also keep records of what files you have altered as it will make things so much easier if things go wrong.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Thank-you everyone

3 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Thats not helping! which checkout_process file are you using?

I managed to find the correct checkout_process_fix.php you provided, and it seems to have worked  Fingers crossed.  I am just going to go and drink copious amounts of alcohol now!

3 minutes ago, 14steve14 said:

ask your host whether they have, most good hosts keep backups for 30 days

and thank you for that suggestion.  I will certainly see if I can get hold of a back-up from 30 days ago, so I can at least revert to that if the fix hasn't  worked.

Kellie, I hope you can find a more-or-less working copy in your (or your host's) backup, and at least get running again. You need to keep a log of exactly everything you change, so that when you break it, you can quickly roll back your changes and at least be working again. You also need to keep orderly backups, know which one is which, and be able to restore them when needed.

Blunt speaking time. When changing a website, you have to go about it in a rational, orderly manner; and have some idea what you're doing. From the sound of it, you know nothing about programming, are unable or unwilling to learn, and get into a blind panic, changing everything frantically and losing track of where you are. You have to stop that. I think you should give up on trying to modify the site yourself, and hire someone fairly locally to do it for you. If you really want to learn how to do it, and think you can, you should not modify your live site. You should be setting up a sandbox to play in, as a private test system on your site, and don't copy over changes to your live system until you have tested it thoroughly on the test system. That's the only way you can avoid such disasters. Even experienced programmers do it this way for major changes, although they may put minor changes on the live site, knowing they can quickly back them out.

Archived