• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout confirmation blank white page

zefeena

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what it is.  I went through the list of dress code files and there is nothing called that or anything similar, though thee might be something in the code of the files I guess

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

18 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

checkout_process.php

checkout_process.php

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

18 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

Fancier Invoice and Packing Slip

It does seem its something relating to this fancier invoice.  I use the invoice for a label for the package, usually printing it to an invoice sheet, with a removable label, I did alter the layout ages ago, but as far as I know it was fine, and those errors have only been showing up since 4 November, which may be when I added the text about the 'returns process'.  I did struggle with where to put it, so doesn't surprise me if I messed it up, but would have thought replacing the file with the original from the fancier invoice, would have either sorted it, or at least thrown up a slightly different error, but the error log is still exactly the same.  My actual invoices load up and print off fine, its just the white page the customer sees after payment that is the problem.

[09-Nov-2018 18:53:29 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/home/username/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/user/public_html/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 28

9 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

ok try this file, rename your own first

checkout_process.php

I just happened to look at this file and I think you are missing a ' on line 38.  Should be

tep_redirect(tep_href_link('checkout_shipping.php', '', 'SSL'));

I opned it in Netbeans and it flagged it. 

This thread has been moving pretty quickly so I haven't followed it all.

I'm not really a dog.

require('classes/payment.php');
  if ($credit_covers) $payment=''; // CCGV
  $payment_modules = new payment($payment);

// load the selected shipping module
  require('classes/shipping.php');
  $shipping_modules = new shipping($shipping);

require('classes/order.php');

I would have thought that this should be includes/classes or was this diferent on old code?

Ok so I'm not going mad then 😊 well I think the OP is MIA so I'll call it a day, All the problems are related to your add-ons and fancy invoice rubbish! I have used your checkout_process file on my test site and after fixing all the hard code file names fixing paths and removing all the dross related to add-ons it works just fine.

Your file is heavily modified for credit add-on, vouchers, fancy email and invoice.

Your going to have to check and make sure the paths in the file match your paths, that the addons in the file are still installed as it kept failing on mine as I have none of these. On removing all add-on stuff it just worked.

@zefeena

An hour ago, You posted this error message:

09-Nov-2018 18:53:29 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/home/username/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/user/public_html/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 28 

Look at the error message ...

1) The first part of the error is asking about a file in /home/username/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php

2) The second part of the error is asking about a file in /home/user/public_html/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php

Notice the difference? You have a path definition somewhere that is not correct.

Now, in the checkout_process.php file you posted here, there is this bit of code:

if (EMAIL_INVOICE == 'true') {
    require(DIR_WS_MODULES . EMAIL_INVOICE_DIR . FILENAME_EMAIL_INVOICE);
  } else {

Where do you have "EMAIL_INVOICE_DIR" and "FILENAME_EMAIL_INVOICE" defined?

M

7 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

an you also post the contents of your /catalog/includes/configure.php file

52 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

Can you please post the contents of your /admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php file here?

Thank you for doing this.  I know its exhausting and frustrating as I am getting completely lost with what's happening here, but all your input is greatly appreciated.

configure-2.php

invoice.php

1 hour ago, ArtcoInc said:

Now, in the checkout_process.php file you posted here, there is this bit of code:

} else {

Where do you have "EMAIL_INVOICE_DIR" and "FILENAME_EMAIL_INVOICE" defined?

I have no idea where this is/would be defined! sorry.

Can I ask about this bit of the error log message

[09-Nov-2018 21:50:58 Europe/London]

is that just a standard bit? its just one thing I did do (somewhere) is change the country from USA to Europe (by copying from a new install), as the time was always wrong on my order updates.  could I have written this wrong in the configure.php?

5 minutes ago, zefeena said:

Can I ask about this bit of the error log message

[09-Nov-2018 21:50:58 Europe/London]

is that just a standard bit? its just one thing I did do (somewhere) is change the country from USA to Europe (by copying from a new install), as the time was always wrong on my order updates.  could I have written this wrong in the configure.php?

At the bottom of your configure.php file, you have this:

define('CFG_TIME_ZONE', 'Europe/London');

I think it's using that to tell your host's server what time zone you are in.

M

10 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

define('CFG_TIME_ZONE', 'Europe/London');

I think I changed it before though, as I think it said USA.  Certainly it appears I made changes to the configure file this month.

12 minutes ago, zefeena said:

I have no idea where this is/would be defined! sorry.

I downloaded the PopTheTop fancy invoice add-on. Part of the instructions say:

Step 6:
You need to add a new configure.php file into your catalog/includes/local folder. This file may or may not exist, if it does not, simply upload the included configure.php file to your catalog/includes/local folder.

Please Note:
Before you do, you must edit this file so that all the paths are correct.

If you already have configure.php file into your catalog/includes/local folder, just add the following to it before the final ?>

// Folder Definitions
define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/YOUR_DOMAIN/public_html/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required
define('EMAIL_INVOICE_DIR', 'email_invoice/');
define('INVOICE_TEMPLATE_DIR', 'templates/');

// Email Invoice File Definitions
define('FILENAME_EMAIL_INVOICE', 'email_invoice.php');
define('FILENAME_EMAIL_CACHE_FILE', 'temp_cache.php');
define('FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE', 'invoice.php');

I do not see these definitions in your catalog/includes/configuration.php file.

Now, he's asking you to make a definition for DIR_FS_ADMIN in the store side of your shop. There already is one in the admin side of your shop, but not in the store side. As he says above, it needs to be the complete absolute path (he gave an example above, but it obviously won't work for your shop). The admin side should have the full absolute path, and I *think* you should be able to copy the definition from your admin side, and paste in into your store side.

What I think is happening is ...

As your customer goes through the checkout process, they finally hit checkout_process.php. As this file 'processes' the order, it hits the point where it is supposed to send the email. Because the above definitions are not defined, it can't find the email to send, and errors out.

You *might* be able to turn off Send Email in admin, and see if that allows the customer to continue with the checkout. Otherwise, I think you need to add these above definitions to your store configure.php file.

M

18 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

you *might* be able to turn off Send Email in admin

I don't have a back up of the config file, I didn't do much to it.  

My emails haven't worked since I got a new host (or the newsletter), and I seem to recall changing a few settings n'my store' hoping that was the problem, so perhaps it has nothing to do with file changes (clearly the code is a mess, but it was working),   I have just looked at this, and I'd set the top one to true, just tried it after changing it to false, with no joy, but is this possibly part of the problem:

483777428_Screenshot2018-11-09at22_40_19.png.61c0f4c05f9755dd8c98b99b0450b1ad.png

I'll have a look at the fancy invoice again tomorrow as I do not have a configure file in my 'local' folder, only a readme text file - but its always been that way, as I've definitely not modified anything in there.

@zefeena

I was confused with his calling it a 'local' folder. I *think* he meant the catalog/includes/configure.php file. Also realize that the last time that PopTheTop updated this was in 2005, and I have no idea what version osC was at then.

Also, as I mentioned before, there is this bit of code in your checkout_process.php file:

} else {

I *thought* that this might be triggered by turning emails on or off in Admin. Apparently, I was wrong. In fact, as far as I can tell,  EMAIL_INVOICE is not a standard defined variable in osC. So, going back to his installation instructions, I see that he tells you to two definitions to your configuration database table:

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` ) VALUES ('', 'Send HTML or Text Invoices to Customers', 'EMAIL_INVOICE', 'true', 'If this is enabled, order invoices will be sent to the customer in HTML format.<br><br>Enabled = true<br>Disabled = false<br><br>To use this, you must have HTML E-mails enabled.<br><br>', '12', '0', NULL , NOW( ) , '',  "tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),");

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ('', 'Default E-Mailed HTML Invoice Template', 'EMAIL_TEMPLATE_FILE', 'html_invoice.php', 'Template file you will be using for HTML invoices to the customer<BR><BR><i>invoice.php</i> - Stock osC look<BR><i>html_invoice.php</i> - HTML version<BR><i>box_invoice.php</i> - HTML version<BR><BR>', 12, 0, NULL, NOW(), '', '');

If you have access to your database with something like phpMyAdmin, you could confirm that these entries are there.

If so,

1) Clear out your error logs, so you have a fresh start

2) Back-up your store side configuration file (!!!!!!)

3) Add the above definitions to it (including the correct absolute path for DIR_FS_ADMIN)

4) See if you can go through the checkout process

5) If not, let's see what's new in your error log.

HTH

M

Archived