• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout confirmation blank white page

zefeena

I did back up the copy but I got confused and I altered the copy! also the reason I use <br> as I can remember that, but I find code very difficult to remember as its not at all logical to me!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just gone through the process and I'm still getting the white screen after I press confirm the order The white screen is at this page:  https://mydomain/checkout_process.php.

I haven't altered that page as far as I can see.

Orders are still processing, but the customer doesn't realise so presses the back key or something, and I end up with 3 or 4 orders for the same person - ten from one person! it seems to be depleting stock each time, so my stock control has just about gone out the window now!

Its driving me crazy 

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Who did the Fancy Invoice add-on install? And when was that?

The reason I ask is that add-on is not a simple install anymore on a Frozen or Edge shop.
There are several paths that need to be changed in some certain add-on files to make it work.

7 hours ago, zefeena said:

I've just gone through the process and I'm still getting the white screen after I press confirm the order The white screen is at this page:  https://mydomain/checkout_process.php.

What version are you running, Blank screen simply means that the PHP is falling down on that file, check your error log as it will tell you what caused the failure on that page.

I had no issues adding product and going throught the process upto the payment section. Unable to test any further as you dont have a payment option that is not live payment.

My complete install was done in 2015 by someone else from here! All the add ons including fancier invoice, price break, and numerous other which I'd had on my previous install (and added myself over time), were put o it, along with he dress code theme.  It was a disaster and I had to get help from here as it was taking 10 mins for the page to load due to an install error (which caused the carousel of some around 4000 pictures to attempt to load every time someone went to my page).  I did my best with help from here to sort it, resulting in really low res images and it was  sorted in a fashion. I've tried to leave it alone since, as I lost a lot of business to competitors and I've never really recovered (if you drop the ball they dive in like vultures!)

the version is v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed

when go through the order process these are this is what the error log showed:

[09-Nov-2018 07:57:55 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  require(/home/username/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

[09-Nov-2018 07:57:55 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  require(/home/username/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

[09-Nov-2018 07:57:55 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/home/username/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/user/public_html/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

My emails have never worked since I had this install - no-one gets them! Nor does the newsletter send.  I might have tried to get emails working by changing something in the settings (not the files though)

email_invoice.php

The invoice file worked fine.  I was always able to print invoices, and the new file didn't change anything (the error logs were the same as before too)

I even tried to change the invoice to an original one, and again it would show/print fine (though it was very basic of course), but still when you try to place an order it would go to the white screen after you press confirm.

The white screen does not affect people placing orders, the order still goes through, payment is taken etc.  But because the customer sees a white screen instead of 'order success' they press back and repeat the process over and over, and every time it creates another order (and reduces my stock I think), though they are never charged again

In fact, I've just looked and it isn't reducing my stock at all! which is even worse, as I may end up selling things I have already sold and no-longer have!

It also doesn't empty the basket.  I've seen this with a few orders. sometimes the basket is empty after an order, sometimes its not.  Its very strange

Do I just clear the error log, by selecting and deleting everything in it?  and where do I delete the cash? 

sorry, I am pretty useless! I do appreciate the help.

I have just done a test order and everything worked fine, I got all the way up to card payment on the card website, cancled payment and returned to store fine. So when exactly are your customers seeing the blank screen? Have you done a test order and had the same results?

For some reason I can't seem to edit the error log! 

If you go through again, but instead of choosing paypal, choose ADMIN only (its the cod module), and therefore doesn't take any ,money so you can go all the way through and you will see the white screen

Something is off here.
You say it worked before but now suddenly not anymore? 🤔
The error shown would suggest that it never worked at least not as it is now.

As I said before depending on your osC Bootstrap version you will have to amend certain paths inside the add-on files.
There is also a code addition inside the checkout_process.php file which calls for a add-on file. If that path is wrong then you might encounter issues during checkout.

There are 3 major osC Bootstrap releases Gold, Edge and Frozen. If you don't know which you have then check if you have a filenames.php file inside the includes folder. If not then we know it isn't the Gold version. So that will leave us with Edge and Frozen which are similar build when it comes to the filenames and configure.php files.

Here is a package I created a while back for someone else which used an Edge shop.

Fancier Invoice BS.zip

compare the files especially the email_invoice.php file and Step 6 (checkout_process.php) in the install manual.

The admin only payment is actually just the COD payment  method, i used it a few years ago when paypal messed up, so I leave it switched off, and only turn it on so I can go through the order process for testing.

As you see, you can create an order, and customers are still ordering and paying, but they are seeing the white screen and not getting any email confirmation (that may have stopped when I changed to my current host a year or two ago)

checkout_confirmation.php

9 minutes ago, Tsimi said:

Something is off here.
You say it worked before but now suddenly not anymore? 🤔
The error shown would suggest that it never worked at least not as it is now.

It never worked well! But for the last few years it has functioned.  I do not know what I might have done to accidentally make this white screen appear, it will be something I've done! but I have checked through the dates on the last modified miles and I haven't changed checkout confirmation, and I don't think I've been hacked or anything.  I do get very lost with the files as there are so many of the same name in so many different places!

Archived