• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for Product info description_tabs CE

You are missing the whole point of this add-on! It is to use existing data and present it in a better way on the product info page.

If you don't need or like the aditional Tabs don't use them, keep the original 7 tab version.

The updates were done for those that needed more than the basic 7 tabs.

Also you can customise the add-on anyway you need, the code is all in the files go edit it to display how you need.

😊 it's not posiable to keep everyone happy with a simple no core code or db change add-on.

If you don't want to change the add-on simply do this

in admin rename the Tech info to Product info.

in the template fiie

public_html/includes/modules/content/product_info/templates/tpl_cm_pi_description_tabs.php

find around line 9

<li><a href="#tab-1"><span class="icon"><i class="<?php echo MODULE_CONTENT_PI_DESCRIPTION_TABS_ICON1?>"></i></span><?php echo MODULE_CONTENT_PI_DESCRIPTION_TABS_TEXT1 ?></a></li>

and simply commet this out like this,

<!--<li><a href="#tab-1"><span class="icon"><i class="<?php //echo MODULE_CONTENT_PI_DESCRIPTION_TABS_ICON1?>"></i></span><?php// echo MODULE_CONTENT_PI_DESCRIPTION_TABS_TEXT1 ?></a></li>-->

takes about 5 minutes and you get! 😊 not so hard to do.

image.png.3f587cef0120166c93725b28ca17d07c.png

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fantomen said:

Then I can not see any product description in the TAB Product description

This is because you are not using the software properly. You should always have a discription in "Product Meta Description for SEO:

If you do not you will not have much sucsess in Google rankings!

Has been updated to V1.8

Has been updated to add tab selection. You can now select 1 of 3 layouts for the tabs.

In admin set tabs select display to

image.png.7c2a1f165611e3e5992df29804784445.png

1 for all tabs

image.png.b865aa3b6b1e53c5414aef8e7e0a365c.png

2 for no Product Description ( removes SEO description )

image.png.fc966df9bf6319e58a7bbdf46c520f1c.png

0 for stock 6 tabs only

image.png.5ec54c5682ae1a7faae144e0da58a846.png

• 4 weeks later...

Edge BS4

JcM Product Info Description Tabs 1.9

Add-On converted osc stock product info but when adding new products no info tabs show up on the product info page

The added product info shows in admin but no product shows in the shop.

2 hours ago, Dnj1964 said:

new products no info tabs

You must set a manufacturer with logo for all new products as it uses this to filter.  Aslo please note the istructions about the custom tabs these require product_info edit to use, or select stock tabs only from admin.

Or ask @burt he has tabs as part of his 28days.

I have it so screwed up now it is completely broken.

Going to start again and modify the code.

Trying to pair it down to only Tabs 2, 4, 7, 8, 9

Had it working on the osc stock images but wouldn't pick up the new images.

Altered the db queries to suit.

Think my issue was when I changed the code in template from   if ($showtab1 == 1): ?>  to    if ($showtab2 == 1): ?>

If nothing else I am persistent, and I will make it work.

Thanks

Working for stock osc products and yes once it is working for new products I will disable and remove the stock description module

image.png.b50cf20b078acb9611a0ac9a88a94efa.png

Newly added products don't pick up tabs

image.png.978aaedad6e4fcd3eb95ac1442ef8b54.png

I have Manufacturer, SEO and Logo set for products

And

image.png.0f6ca4657a608fb69e118576cf2cc38f.png

Hey I whent to all that trouble putting fancy colors on the tabs and you made them all pink 😂

Yeah the layout is just a numbers game just keep jiggling them around untill it works. As long as your happy with the result all is good. The code is this way just to make it flexable for all the variants peope asked for. You can strip it back to any basic setup you like.

• 2 weeks later...

Has been update by request.

This is a new add-on to prevent any confusion with older version.

JcM Product info description_tabs Select V1.0

Disable Tab 2 if you are using your SEO key words!

Has been updated to add tab selection. You can now turn of all tabs except the first one. All changes are in admin.

In admin set tabs display, you only need to change the disable box as it will hide tab and content.

Everything else is as before. Made as new add-on to avoid any confusion with other version. Code has all so been simplified to remove js script tabs they are now bootstrap and BS3 and BS4 have own files so use the correct ones for your site.

image.png.bab2768ff254a6be33eee8fb4024ae60.png

JcM Product info description_tabs Select V1.1

Updated to V1.1 The Video and Manuals tabs will now only show on products that have the first video or manual available. Within the tabs the behavior is the same and second files are only shown if they exist.

Two things, I'm getting the below error 

Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_CONTENT_PRODUCT_INFO_REVIEWS_CONTENT_LIMIT - assumed 'MODULE_CONTENT_PRODUCT_INFO_REVIEWS_CONTENT_LIMIT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) inC:\xampp\htdocs\bsv4full\includes\modules\content\product_info\cm_pi_description_tabs_select.php

And how do I define what is shown on each tab?

I have only tested upto 7.2 for which it should be ok, There are several versions of this in use, let me know which version you are using and if you have modified it or not and I will take a look in the morning.

It could just be somthing i have missed?

I had a look at this and I am unable to reproduce this warning. Now this is probably due to the fact I can not select 7.2.x on my server. However I checked by adding a new undifined constant using 7.2 and it did produce a warning for that new undifined constant bit nothing from original code.

Checking with 7.3 was not an option as CE would not run with PHP set to 7.3.

image.png.6fd517dba0fb833adcc7bfd5e5437e63.png

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Heatherbell said:

How do I make the add to cart buttons bigger as shown in one of your pictures?

I'm not sure  i did? please post link.

If you are using the Frozen version then some buttons are moduler so as you change the width the button will chnage acordingly. If the button is part of another module then you can change the class to suite your needs.

btn-sm
btn-lg

btn-block

It all depends on which version you are using.

on CE Frozen BS4 width set to 4 gives

image.png.5b75e6154b3d458a22f81e379f7071b7.png

Content Modules Buy Button  width set to 12 gives, just an example you normaly have to adjust others to keep layout as you need.

image.png.1443b66cbdb628580bbaa68ebaf6b114.png

Archived