• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for Product info description_tabs CE

I've sorted it by changing 

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/jsbarcode/3.3.20/JsBarcode.all.min.js"></script>

to

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

Some of the tabs seem to have the wrong info though.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Thats not a fix! what your error shows is you do not have all the js files required on your local install

I've installed all the js files that came in the OSCommerce master zip and that was in your latest update for description with tabs. Not sure where I could have missed them

1 minute ago, JcMagpie said:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/jsbarcode/3.3.20/JsBarcode.all.min.js"></script>

is required to produce the bar codes!

The QR Codes?

if it works after adding

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

then clearly you are missing this in your js files. This was origanaly in the first version but caused conflicts when used with osC edge whch had a later version installed hence was removed from later versions.

oh and as I said you have to use the correct BS3 or 4 file with right version or you will have issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Option to add PDF User Manual and Instalation Manual Tab is available. It's a simple no core changes or db changes. Was done for another user just to see if it could be done with no core changes. If anyone is intrested shout and I'll add to the Tabs add-on in the new year.

You can see and test it on the test site https://chilleddisplays.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/1_9/products_id/39

If a product has pdf files you get,

image.png.b4c9854bbefea43df3cf0fcdbf9da8bb.png

If product has none then a message is displayed.

image.png.2b6bd14f12d37420f3fb541c7dcb5824.png

• 3 weeks later...

Has been updated to V1.5

Do not use this if you are using your SEO key words!

This version requires you to use the provided Product_info.php file or modify your own. This is the only code change required in one file. All you are doing is adding to it so it will not affect any other operations.

Updated to add additional Tabs for PDF documents and include 2 additional tabs shown in the support thread.

Stock osC has 2 fields in product info that can be used.

1) Product Meta Description for SEO:

You should be using this to put a brief description of each product. If you are then use this as the product info tab input. It will give your page a nice clean look.

You can then use the main product description box to add additional tech info on the product. So all the detail stuff can go in that.

2) Product Meta Keywords for SEO:

This is obsolete for most people so why not use it. You could use it to add warranty info for each product or anything else you require.

image.png.1af1c76d3f7fa158263689793fb2348f.png

This is done by using the SEO Description for the short description used in Product Info tab.

image.png.00cdad13bdc4a92c5d93ba09f312e674.png

The main product description is used for the Tech Info Tab.

image.png.ab8c9e409e3666d7076ad9c256c65c94.png

This can contain as much info as you like.

The SEO Key words are used for the warranty tab

image.png.e326fe5f8cbaa87fa51507270a9b856e.png

image.png.8df085ad67d920854b4ac315033dc1a8.png

The other addition is the Manuals Tab. You need to add PDF files in this format.

The product-model is used with a suffix.

manuals/GT-P1000_PDF1.pdf

manuals/GT-P1000_PDF2.pdf

If no manuals are available then a simple message is displayed.

image.png.2018380f04736a43595ecefaaccce3bc.png

The PDF is viewed in a modal window

image.png.934c7462709329a4e7f46d0e347a253c.png

A separate download button is used to keep things simple for mobile devices.

That’s it simply copy all files of the into relevant sections and go to admin modules /content and install.

Has been tested on CE BS4 and CE BS3

Today I installed this version: JcM Product info description_tabs V1.6
Why is the tab Product Info empty? http://t1.zmm.se/product_info.php/products_id/28
The product information is now in the tab Tech info and as what I can understand it should be in the tab Product info.
Please explain what I have done wrong during the installation?

1 hour ago, fantomen said:

Please explain what I have done wrong during the installation?

You are using the extended version of the Tabs. This uses the aditional box in the product edit page. It is all explained in the thread above but I will cover it again.

The 2 new Tabs make use of the 2 SEO boxes.

The Product Meta Discription which you should be using! Should have a short simple discription for the product. The tech info tab used the main product discription and can be as long as it need.

image.png.04492019a0d4efc77405769d3f60a007.png

The warrenty tab makes use of the Product Meta Keywords for SEO box which is hardly ever used now.

image.png.45ac0eefaf6811a6b3d429d375a2a29d.png

In here you can enter a short statment.

Hopfully that makes thing clear.

Has been updated to V1.7

Do not use this if you are using your SEO key words!

Has been updated to remove BS3 files as they were causing confusion.

Only one set of files now and the install all tabs. So if you need only stock tabs don't use this.

The videos Tab has also been added.

For the video Tab you need to add video files in this format.

The product-model is used with a suffix.

videos/GT-P1000_VID1.mp4

videos/GT-P1000_VID2.mp4

If no videos are available then a simple message is displayed.

image.png.426ee60bf39c93ba38b8827246926d32.png

If the files exist you see the video.

image.png.dc3c0b39c7489627649085135ae2c0eb.png

😂 I'm not sure I understand? The Add-on is made using no db changes so it makes use of information already in your db. Product Meta Description for SEO  is already part of the db and you should be putting a short discription in this for your product. Actualy it can be as long as you like but the SEO will only use the first few lines.

I use this for Products Description  to give the first view of the page a nice clean look. So you have a short discription with the image.

image.png.6ed2ba9f8e132319dcbdd7783262ba92.png

You are free to change this if you like! All the tabs can be renamed in admin.

This is wrong in my point of view.
Let Product description be as normal so that I can use the already filled in Product description for your tab Product description.

I do not understand why you have connected this;
"Product Meta Description for SEO:
Add a <description> Meta Element."

WITH this: "Products Description:"

Now when I have installed this latest module when I login to admin panel and look in Categories / Products for example this product:
http://t1.zmm.se/product_info.php/products_id/28
Then I can not see any product description in the TAB Product description. 
I see that in the TAB Tech info is now the product description. 
This feels very wrong in my point of view because when I setup a new product in admin panel then I fill in the Product description for a product and there is no form to fill in Tech info.
And to be able to see something in the tab produc description the I have to write in Product Meta Description for SEO: and write for example:" Samsung Galaxy Tab"
Then this shows up in the tab Product Description.
http://t1.zmm.se/product_info.php/products_id/28
I would like product description to show up in the tab product description.
Better if you make a place where i setup new products with a field named: Tech info and in this field make it possible to write Tech info information for the product.

You have made a very good module but can be perfect if you fix above.

Archived