• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

RCS while using PWA--possible?

brian_cee

I have 2.3.4.1 BS Edge.......

I used to have recover cart sales in the old days, but if you are using PWA, like I am now, I think it's not possible for RCS to work. Does anyone know of any abandoned cart recovery possible while using PWA?

@brian_cee

AFAIK, the Cart Recovery module only works if:

1) The customer has an account, and

2) Is logged in.

So, if you are using PWA (like I do too), *or* the customer is NOT logged in when they abandon their cart ... there's nothing for Cart Recovery to recover.

(I'm willing to be wrong, though)

M

The cart recovery should work for guests if they have created their (temporary) guest account and then abandone, usually during the checkout process.

@raiwa

Depending on the version of PWA. As you know, PWA has had a number of updates in the last several years. IIRC, the earlier versions were not so clean when creating and deleting the temporary 'guest' account (I've got an older live store that still has  problems here).

M

24 minutes ago, raiwa said:

The cart recovery should work for guests if they have created their (temporary) guest account and then abandone, usually during the checkout process.

Interesting, thanks....Because, I know if I "catch" someone in the process of abandoning their cart by seeing them in "Who's Online" in the admin section, I can see what's in their cart, as well as their name, phone, email, etc, even though I don't give the possibility of creating an account. In the old days of 2.2 I simply masked the account creation, so Recover Cart worked...

Are you saying that I could go ahead and install RCS and it should work with the BS PWA and it should work?

I didn't try it, but it should work like exposed. Of course, before they create their guest account no chance 🙂

42 minutes ago, raiwa said:

I didn't try it, but it should work like exposed. Of course, before they create their guest account no chance 🙂

By this, I assume that ...

1) If the guest puts items in their cart, and starts the checkout process (which creates the temporary 'guest' account), once they get past the screen where they enter their name and address, even if they abandon the cart before finalizing the order, it should work. But,

2) If the guest puts items in their cart (and if you have Ship in Cart installed, sees their shipping cost), but does NOT begin the checkout process, no chance.

Right?

M

1 hour ago, brian_cee said:

Has anyone figured out how to get Unsold Carts to record product attributes?

You should post this question in the recover cart sales forum:

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/67701-recover-cart-sales/

You'll have better chances to get an answer there from someone who may have succeeded to add this modification.

Archived