• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

open_basedir restriction

Peper

Hope anyone can help

Posting this in general support, still same issue with all the files containing this code.

In my configure file is   define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/usr/www/users/alarmspggy/');

I tried using instead of DIR_FS_CATALOG to  '..'

The notice disappears but cannot selecting pages for this function - clears all names after pressing save

Hosting support said i have to fix code, not allowed

the following code gives error in admin side: open_basedir restriction in effect

Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/www/users/mspggy/..) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/www/wwws/users/mspggy:/usr/wwws/users/mspggy:/usr/www/users/mspggy:/usr/home/mspggy:/usr/local/rmagic:/usr/www/users/he/_system_:/usr/share/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/share/www:/usr/www/share/www:/usr/share/misc:/dev/urandom) in /usr/www/users/mspggy/includes/modules/content/header/cm_header_holiday.php on line 139 - if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG . $file)) {

This started happening after i changed to a new server with tighter security, any possible workaround for this?

Also noticed there's a couple modules with this code

$file_extension = substr($PHP_SELF, strrpos($PHP_SELF, '.'));
    $files_array = array();
	  if ($dir = @dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG)) {
	    while ($file = $dir->read()) {
	      if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG . $file)) {
	        if (substr($file, strrpos($file, '.')) == $file_extension) {
            $files_array[] = $file;
          }
        }
      }
      sort($files_array);
      $dir->close();
    }

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

What are you trying to accomplish by adding ".." to your DIR_FS_CATALOG? Did you replace /usr/www/users/alarmspggy with .., or append it to the end (as the error message seems to say)? The .. will take you back to /usr/www/users/, which is not a valid place for you to be reading or writing files. /usr/www/users/alarmspggy is not listed as an allowable path, but /usr/www/users/mspggy is... did you get an error with it? Did someone make a mistake in configuring the system?

Hello @MrPhil, thanks for insight

I know the code was and is working fine - only my side and have no access to server config. i can pm you all the paths for open_basedir as i tried a couple of them

I have added the ... to path and no error: if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG . '..' . $file)) {

However the saving part is not playing along.

ex.jpg.da888b9b2c3cc9eac4c4372bd46d0c57.jpg

OK, "alar" was a typo or something, and the name we're using is "mspggy" (I see it as "Miss Piggy", from the Muppets). Carrying on...

File(/usr/www/users/mspggy/..) is not within the allowed path(s): should be quite self-explanatory -- you are trying to read or write files in /usr/www/users/, which is not in the list of allowed path roots (basedirs). If your account is, in fact, /usr/www/users/mspggy/, a DIR_FS_CATALOG with that string should work. Possibly you are running into problems because the second entry for any directory will be "..", which means you will be querying /usr/www/users/mspggy/.., which will be not allowed.

Try this: test if $file is "." or ".." and if it is, bypass it:

$file_extension = substr($PHP_SELF, strrpos($PHP_SELF, '.'));
    $files_array = array();
	  if ($dir = @dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG)) {
	    while ($file = $dir->read()) {
          if ($file == '.' || $file == '..') continue;  // new line to bypass . and ..
	      if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG . $file)) {
	        if (substr($file, strrpos($file, '.')) == $file_extension) {
            $files_array[] = $file;
          }
        }
      }
      sort($files_array);
      $dir->close();
    }

Failing to check for (and skip) . and .. was just sloppy coding on someone's part.

Thanks Phil

This dir file checking is now working perfect without spewing out errors, i will change all files with this code to yours.

When saving, the selected file options was not being saved

However, i found ckeditor interfered here. Once ckeditor was disabled i was able to select files and save correctly.

Archived