• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

which payment module do you use in your shop ?

Gyakutsuki

Hello,

I would know with which modules do you use in shop.
Depends on your location, you can use only a bank module or virtual bank (paypal ...).
So you also can propose one or several.
In your opinion how many payment solution must be proposed inside your shop to help to customer to make this choice and what is the most important payment solution to integrate inside a shop ?

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

I've used Authorize.net since 2002 and it's been great.  They made their AIM available shortly after I started with them and I've used it since.  I switched to Chase Paymentech in 2012 for my back end and they work with A.net.  It's a great combo!   Chase offers interchange pricing, which is the way to go vs the tier system.  I also take Paypal, which some customers really prefer.  I took Paypal in the early days and got more complaints, so I got away from it for  while.  Had it back for a few years now.  IMHO, A.net works way better. 

I'm not really a dog.

paypal standard and stripe.

Stripe is very easy to setup and intergates well within the last confirm order page. No switching to merchant site.

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

Stripe but it needs updating to their V3 API for easier PCI compliance.

I used to use PayPal but cannot tolerate their exorbitant fees. I have "Bank Transfer" and "Phone with payment" options to cater for those who will not use Stripe. I have not noticed a loss in sales. I am concerned that PayPal users are just lazy as it is easier for them. Other sites do not use PayPal, Amazon is a good example!

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

Paypal Pro and Express. Used to use Authorize.net but they charge considerably more without any additional features, at least in my case.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

When I started the website 9 years ago I only used PayPal standard. It was easy to set up, and customers love it. I have recently started to use Stripe as its cheaper than paypal, but its a PCi nightmare. I wish the payment module could be updated by someone that knows what they are doing using their latest code. I looked into using Sagepay or one of the other payment processors, but always got scared of the long contract terms, but they are considerably cheaper to use. I also offer bank transfer, but few customers use it.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@Jack_mcs  On my first merchant account, i had to pay A.net fees separately.  When I switched to Chase Paymentech they cover all the A.net fees and I get interchange plus pricing that's really good.  If you ever think about changing, take a look.  Wish I had done it long before.  They've been great in many ways.

I'm not really a dog.

@John WThat's a good deal though I would be surprised if there was not a condition with it. The miscellaneous charges from authorize.net are quite steep so it doesn't seem that Chase could absorb those unless there is a minimum limit, or something like that. But I'm not familiar with them so you may be correct. What about the PCI compliance that authorize.net requires. Are you paying for that or does Chase cover, or waive, it too? For my Paypal Pro account, I just pay the per item fee and that includes the interchange pricing. When I switched from authorize.net to paypal pro, I saved about $100/month in fees.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs  Everything is covered by Chase, but Chase is one of the few companies that does the whole backend process.  I saved thousands a year when i switched, but I was paying too much before.  I don't remember in detail, but I looked into this a lot in 2012 when I switched.  I don't pay anything directly to A.net, but I did have to close my old A.net account and Chase opened a new one.  I don't have any PCI fees or scans, but I am required to be PCI compliant.  I'm don't remember if there's a minimum, but it hasn't been an issue for me.  I think Dan also using this same combo and I think he's happy with it too.   If you're looking give them a call and it can't hurt.  Key thing is to ask about interchange plus pricing. 

I'm not really a dog.

Could all respondents clarify whether it's a Merchant Account type setup (A.net?), a Third Party payment system (e.g., basic PayPal), or something else? Some shop owners may not be able to (or wish to pay for) something requiring PCI compliance. Let's assume everyone has SSL by now. How about an idea of monthly and per-transaction fees? Small shops may not want to pay stiff monthly fees in return for lower transaction fees, while those with higher volume might find it worthwhile. Finally, what about refund policies and other such things (e.g., PayPal is notorious for "the customer is always right")?

A simple "I use XYZ and it's great!" is useless for someone trying to decide which payment system(s) to use.

One site I found very helpful when I was looking to change is https://www.merchantmaverick.com/  and they had a lot of info on different processors with pros and cons.  People looking for a payment system will have to do some homework as to what suits them best.  To be honest, I don't remember what my minimum is because it's not a factor for me.  When I say A.net works great, I mean it works fast and always for over a decade.  Very few problems at all.  Really, all my payment parts are tied to Chase.  I looked up my gateway fees and it's 27 cents for Amex and 10 cents for the others.  There are a bunch of little stupid fees on my statement, but my percentage for last month with everything rolled into it was 2.22%, and I'm good with that.  My Amx gateway is in that.   However,  a merchant account has a credit ratings factoring things like chargebacks.   There are a bunch of Visa/MC rates and I get .3% charged above that.  Amex is separate with only my gateway fee charged by Chase.   Another thing I like about Chase is their statement is easy to read although 9-12 pages. 

Of course, the title of this thread was asking about which module do we use.  Obviously, we've strayed from that.

I'm not really a dog.

I am a relatively small trader compared to most of you but fees are still important. PayPal at 3.4% plus 20p (15 cents) per transaction is daylight robbery. Stripe charges 1.4% plus 20p and it integrates onto the checkout page, customers do not leave your site. There is no separate gateway fee. It also, in effect, has a virtual terminal built in which charges the same fees for MOTO sales. If only we could get the OSC addon updated from it's current v2 to their v3 API then automatic PCI compliance comes with it. The downside of Stripe, a USA company, is in the UK you have to wait 7 days for payment. I don't think they run a Kangaroo Court like PayPal do, and if you refund a payment you do not get your fees back.

Like all the various providers there is plus and minus points with them all

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

Does anyone know for a module for Square. They only charge 2.3% per transaction with no other charges hidden or seen so its not too bad, its just that I cant see any modules.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 4 months later...

PayPal is the only payment module I use with my website. This is really flexible and easy to use. Though, it is not accepted in all countries. However, they can use their debit card and credit card payment facilities offered by PayPal. I think this is the best module to use to transfer payment.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In some cases, Payoneer is the better option as it is not available all countries. Our agency recently installed 30+ payment gateway on the Official Worksmart.Michaels.Com Michaels SSO Login Portal , you can find them by logging in our demo account. "admin, admin"

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi, I'm not sure if this is the best page to pose this question, but this forum page has more recent posts than some of the other ones I looked at.

I'm working on BS Edge with PHP7.2 and am trying to figure out what credit card payment module to install. MS2.2 had the following payment module in /includes/modules/payment/cc.php ..however, BS edge and later versions do not have this file.

So, ..do I update that file and install it in BS Edge or is there a simpler Credit Card module solution? Does anyone know?

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

Archived