• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What are WAMP configures

Psytanium

Hello,

I need to run osc22.3.4 on wamp, but need to know what to insert in configure.php files

Apparently its working fine with me but the modules boxes are not loading.

My configure.php

<?php
  define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
  define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
  define('ENABLE_SSL', true);
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/domain/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/domain/');
  define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
  define('DIR_WS_MANUALS', 'manual/');
  define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
  define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
  define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
  define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
  define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
  define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
  define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'C:/wamp/www/domain');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
  define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'username');
  define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'passsword');
  define('DB_DATABASE', 'database');
  define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
  define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

?>

THANKS

@Psytanium

Since it looks like you are just starting out, I strongly suggest that you use the latest version of osCommerce. The last 'official' release is very much out of date. A link to the Community Edition is in my signature below.

That said, when you 'install' osCommerce, it *should* properly create the configure file for you. And, fwiw, I use the IP address during the installation (and hence, in my configure file), rather than 'localhost'.

Also, for your 'cookie' paths, try having them the same as your 'catalog' paths.

Malcolm

21 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

@Psytanium

Since it looks like you are just starting out, I strongly suggest that you use the latest version of osCommerce. The last 'official' release is very much out of date. A link to the Community Edition is in my signature below.

That said, when you 'install' osCommerce, it *should* properly create the configure file for you. And, fwiw, I use the IP address during the installation (and hence, in my configure file), rather than 'localhost'.

Also, for your 'cookie' paths, try having them the same as your 'catalog' paths.

Malcolm

its a website hosted on a server and developed since osc2.3.1, now I'm integrating Bootstrap, for this reason I can't do it on live website. I copied the files and database to wamp, still have 1 problem, the modules boxes do not show. I think its configure problem. Anyway, I would like other people configure.php file content using WAMP.

In addition, think of why you want to install on WAMP. You should never try to host a live site on your own PC. Hackers know far more about security issues than you ever will. If you already have live hosting, you should use that server (in a private directory) rather than trying to use WAMP on a PC. Besides all the effort to feed and care for a WAMP stack, you will very likely have many fine-tuning issues to deal with when you finally upload to your live site (real server). My experience is that it is usually far easier to develop on the server you will go live with, as you won't have any incompatibility issues when you're done. The only reason I would go WAMP is that you either don't have a live host yet, or you require a PHP version that your host doesn't have yet.

Why integrate Bootstrap yourself, when it's already up and running in 2.3.4.1BS Edge/CE/Frozen? Most of the time, it's a lot easier to start with Frozen and integrate your changes into it, rather than bringing an old osC version up to currency with BS and PHP 7. What PHP version are you running on WAMP? It's probably well beyond what osC 2.3.4 can handle, meaning more work for you (i.e., it's PHP code to fix, not WAMP configuration).

3 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

In addition, think of why you want to install on WAMP. You should never try to host a live site on your own PC. Hackers know far more about security issues than you ever will. If you already have live hosting, you should use that server (in a private directory) rather than trying to use WAMP on a PC. Besides all the effort to feed and care for a WAMP stack, you will very likely have many fine-tuning issues to deal with when you finally upload to your live site (real server). My experience is that it is usually far easier to develop on the server you will go live with, as you won't have any incompatibility issues when you're done. The only reason I would go WAMP is that you either don't have a live host yet, or you require a PHP version that your host doesn't have yet.

Why integrate Bootstrap yourself, when it's already up and running in 2.3.4.1BS Edge/CE/Frozen? Most of the time, it's a lot easier to start with Frozen and integrate your changes into it, rather than bringing an old osC version up to currency with BS and PHP 7. What PHP version are you running on WAMP? It's probably well beyond what osC 2.3.4 can handle, meaning more work for you (i.e., it's PHP code to fix, not WAMP configuration).

at some point I should upgrade from 2.3.4 to BS but I didn't find a documentation to do it, I think the only way is to start from scratch which is something near impossible with a hard coded website.

is there a documentation to upgrade from php 5.6 to 7 ?

Thank you for the advice regarding WAMP :)

Yes, Frozen is a fresh install and migrate your data over (product files and DB). I don't think there is any documentation specifically addressing an upgrade; it's just kind of implied. When you say "hard coded website" what do you mean? Have you done lots of customizations to your store? I hope you kept a list somewhere of the add-ons you used and the custom code changes you made (and why you made them), so that you can decide whether they're now built-in, an add-on exists, an add-on needs to be upgraded, or custom changes are again needed. No code base lasts forever, and sooner or later you will be forced to do a major upgrade when the pain of trying to keep an old application going becomes too great.

To fix up an older osC to go from PHP 5.4 or so (I think that's what the original osC 2.3.4 ran on) to PHP 7.1 or higher (now the current standard) takes a lot of work, from what I understand. There are lots of deprecated functions to handle, class constructor changes, and changing MySQL to MySQLi, just to name a few things off the top of my head. If you really want to go this way, you might want to compare a copy of stock Frozen to a copy of stock 2.3.4 and see what was hit (ignoring all the User Interface stuff for BS -- or maybe that would be of interest, too).

2 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

Yes, Frozen is a fresh install and migrate your data over (product files and DB). I don't think there is any documentation specifically addressing an upgrade; it's just kind of implied. When you say "hard coded website" what do you mean? Have you done lots of customizations to your store? I hope you kept a list somewhere of the add-ons you used and the custom code changes you made (and why you made them), so that you can decide whether they're now built-in, an add-on exists, an add-on needs to be upgraded, or custom changes are again needed. No code base lasts forever, and sooner or later you will be forced to do a major upgrade when the pain of trying to keep an old application going becomes too great.

To fix up an older osC to go from PHP 5.4 or so (I think that's what the original osC 2.3.4 ran on) to PHP 7.1 or higher (now the current standard) takes a lot of work, from what I understand. There are lots of deprecated functions to handle, class constructor changes, and changing MySQL to MySQLi, just to name a few things off the top of my head. If you really want to go this way, you might want to compare a copy of stock Frozen to a copy of stock 2.3.4 and see what was hit (ignoring all the User Interface stuff for BS -- or maybe that would be of interest, too).

I see, i should dedicate some efforts into migration. Do you have a configure.php to use with WAMP ?

@Psytanium

Here's on of mine ...

<?php
  define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://192.168.1.51');
  define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://192.168.1.51');
  define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog-gold/');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog-gold/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog-gold/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog-gold/');
  define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
  define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
  define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
  define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
  define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
  define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
  define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'C:/wamp/www/catalog-gold/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
  define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '**********');
  define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '**********');
  define('DB_DATABASE', '**********');
  define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
  define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
  define('CFG_TIME_ZONE', 'America/Los_Angeles');
?>

Then again, it's just as I told you above ...

Malcolm

Archived