• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No Static IP

newoldbie

Static IP’s are quite simple you just need to get your wallet out. In the UK very few if any ISP’s offer static IP’s to domestic customers in a bundle offer. It’s probably the same for you.

What you normally need to do is use a ISP that offers business/commercial services as these always offer a static IP option.

• 2 weeks later...

A dynamic IP is normal for most people / small business. Not being visible will be more to do with your sever configuration ,  your osC config file setup or your redirects in your .htaccess file.

Check your server error logs to see whati s going on.

Use a simple index.html file to test the server, just upload it to your root dir and test.

Talk to your host they can run tests to see what is going on.

PM your website and tests can be run to ping the server and see what responce is recived. The server will normaly respond telling you what if anything is wrong.

index.html

😂 Ok so I'm a little slow! I see that @ArtcoInc has pointed you to Dynammic DNS again, clealry I missed somthing in the post , I can only assume then that your trying to host your own server for your website?

If that is the case then @ArtcoInc is right it will never work with dynamic IP as that will change every time your connection is dropped!

There is a quick fix which is free. You can get a free Dynamic DNS which will keep track of your changing IP and reroute traffic to your server no mattter what the IP is.

https://www.noip.com/free

Hosting your own server is never a good idea these days.

On 11/1/2018 at 3:14 AM, JcMagpie said:

😂 Ok so I'm a little slow! I see that @ArtcoInc has pointed you to Dynammic DNS again, clealry I missed somthing in the post , I can only assume then that your trying to host your own server for your website?

If that is the case then @ArtcoInc is right it will never work with dynamic IP as that will change every time your connection is dropped!

There is a quick fix which is free. You can get a free Dynamic DNS which will keep track of your changing IP and reroute traffic to your server no mattter what the IP is.

https://www.noip.com/free

Hosting your own server is never a good idea these days.

many thanks @JcMagpie 

Yes, I have my own apache server. You are right, this is lots of security issues  , but I must learn. Its not time for me to quit on own server stuff.

I will report later on my results.

I am too slow, and apologies for just responding now. Cheers 

Thanks @ArtcoInc

Archived