• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CE Frozen breadbrumb issue

Mikepo

Running, and testing a new CE shop with many addons, and now have an issue with the breadcrumb:

ce 2.3.4.1 frozen, php 7.0.29

If I start in new products the breadcrumb shows:

Catalog - New Products

I add a product (Fence Paint) in the shopping cart and then click the continue shopping button, the breadcrumb shows

Catalog - Gardening Products - Garden Maintenance - Fence Paint - New Products

Why is 'New Products' tagged on to the end of the breadcrumb?

This only happens after I've added a product to the cart.  The breadcrumb seems to behave itself all other times.

The code under the continue shopping button is as follows:

<div class="col-sm-<?php echo $content_width; ?> sc-continue-shopping-button">
  <?php
  echo tep_draw_button(MODULE_CONTENT_SHOPPING_CART_BACK_BUTTON_PUBLIC_TITLE, $button_icons, tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']), 'primary', null, $button_style);
  ?>
</div>

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

Because it is redirecting back (using the navigation path) to products_new.php with the products_id attached to it.

As it has the products_id, the breadcrumb invokes.  It's a known bug (in the navigation) and has been for years, no one has fixed it yet.

@Jack_mcs, is your site the CE frozen version, if so it looks like you have a different code for the continue shopping button, as there is no products_id in the link. 

Looks like I need to adjust the button code, which @burt might be able to help me with.... I hope 😉

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

I understand that's a bug, but in the BS Gold version I have, the continue shopping button doesn't pass the products_id back, so I'll see if I can use that code in CE Frozen.

46 minutes ago, burt said:

You can recreate it by appending ?products_id=28 onto any page...

A link from the new products page would have that already and it doesn't fail on my site. However, if I turn Ultimate SEO off, the continue shopping doesn't work correctly any longer. I'll have to take a look at this more closely. Thanks for mentioning it.

44 minutes ago, Mikepo said:

is your site the CE frozen version, if so it looks like you have a different code for the continue shopping button, as there is no products_id in the link. 

Yes, it is. The continue shopping I have is a module I wrote. I had planned on uploading it as an addon but will have to look at why it is not working correctly without Ultimate SEO enabled before I do that.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

On 10/19/2018 at 7:12 PM, Jack_mcs said:

it doesn't fail on my site.

EG: https://www.oscommerce-solution.com/privacy-i-8.html?products_id=1237 

jack_mcs.jpg.bab7d7b56493d2771847b14fb4123652.jpg

Items #2 thru #5 should not be showing - it's a bug in core code.
Known about for years, never done anything about it.

What needs to happen;

1. have all breadcrumb creation in class file
  2. output breadcrumb by calling function in class

In other words, "centralise" the breadcrumb feature instead of having it on multiple pages.

I may work on it for the next iteration of Frozen.

@burt I guess I don't understand the original problem then. I thought it just had to do with the continue shopping option. How would one end up with an invalid url like the one you posted by clicking on the continue shopping button? For that matter, how does the url you mentioned get created at all, other than by manually entering it? I tried clicking various things on my site but never came up with that kind of url. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

1 minute ago, Jack_mcs said:

@burt I guess I don't understand the original problem then. I thought it just had to do with the continue shopping option. How would one end up with an invalid url like the one you posted by clicking on the continue shopping button? For that matter, how does the url you mentioned get created at all, other than by manually entering it? I tried clicking various things on my site but never came up with that kind of url. 

Look at the navigation class and you will see potential problems. 

7 hours ago, burt said:

Look at the navigation class and you will see potential problems. 

I understand there is a problem. I just don't understand how it happens under normal use. I'm assuming it is reproducible but I can't make it happen. But I also don't have the problem the op has so maybe it is specific to a site or the code being used in one of them.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived