• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Realex payment gateway

Downer

Have installed the news oscommerce with my hosting company and the realex files .

all installed in the right place and the response url is ok.

But still will not work , error 506 is what i keep geting back.

have gone over all installes with Global Payments  and check response url

as any one got a idea that could help

Which osC version are you using? Everything other than 2.3.4.1BS Edge/CE/Frozen (see link in signature below) is seriously out of date and shouldn't be used. Is this Realex add-on the 7 year old one? It may not work with the current osC, and may need to be updated, at least to be compatible with the User Interface. A lot of other things may have changed over the last 7 years, too: API to their server, settings, protocols, etc.

• 10 months later...

Hi, I shall keep to this thread if that's OK. Comments welcome.

We've been running realex for a while. Had some issues with orders paid but missing on the system but turned out to be session timeout issue.(redirected back to login)  Increased it on the server and now forced cookie usage on the Db, seems to have cured most but not all issues.

In 2012 I used the number 2 version on the realex Osc page.. https://apps.oscommerce.com/eU9NA

A few changes had to be made to work properly, some extra postcode check/formatting code for the AVS 3D secure system to format/deal with UK postcodes and some code to handle mobile purchases on my site. For some reason we had to use another URL and change account name. I will attach the file if interested.

I used that version because, as MrPhil mention ages ago, there is no such thing as 2.2 Milestone-3. My version is 2.3.4 so to be sure I worked on the milestone-2 code.

NOW. My issue is....

We now have to implement this new SCA thing. (Essentially new fields needed)

I've been waiting for realex to release some new code as promised. From the link above you can see an new contribution BUT the 'Milestone-2' version is EXACTLY the same as the old one.

The  'Milestone-3' version DOES have the extra code needed.

No way to contact the devs I can find.

realex.php

SCA = Strong Customer Authentication

it relies on: 
1: Something YOU KNOW (Password or Pin-CODE).
2: Something YOU OWN (Phone or Hardware TOKEN).
3: Something YOU ARE (face-recognition/Fingerprint).

Number 3 on desktop you can forget, number 2 is hard to achieve.
Mainly for mobile payments the rules can be applied.

Need to resource this.
(google has number 2, if you login on a device that is "not trusted or known", google send a notification email to your email adress, to notify YOU... someone logged-in with a device unknown to google)

Sometimes this process is also named 3d-secure ( what is also the name of a payment merchant ).

On desktop:
1: Something YOU KNOW (Password or Pin-CODE).(*credentials to login to site)
2: Something YOU OWN (Phone or Hardware TOKEN). (*cartID)
3: Something YOU ARE (face-recognition/Fingerprint). (* the session id or other generated token )

( *it could be one or the other)
I assume your MS2 just works fine!

Hi.

Yes the SCA will then start sending purchasers confirmation texts as well as needing a password. Email addresses are also sent to the payment system. I've noticed it on some sites already but will soon be mandatory.

Upon closer investigation I think I originally used 'Milestone-3' version whatever that is. The only difference between the two 2011 versions is the assigning of 'my_currency'.

In realexmsoscms2:     $my_currency = $SESSION_CURRENCY;

in realexmsoscms3      $my_currency = $osC_Session->value('currency');

I'm not enough of an expert to know what Osc version upgrade necessitated this change, but the second one works for me on 2.3.4

I shall try implementing the new realex module in the next week or so. Unsure whether I still need the extra postcode formatting for the AVS and mobile URL change but only one way to find out.

I wish I could remember why I had to add all that code. It was over 5 years ago and not pro enough to use proper version control!

I'll post here results for future searchers.

Archived