Latest News: (loading..)
valquiria23

How to distinguish the sub categories in the category box?

For real?  Let it go.  OP asked;

The idea is to add a symbol to the sub category such as: "-" or ">" or, bold color or another color so it looks like this

My answer gave that, in the simplest possible way.  

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Try to have some redundancy in how you visually present this, for people with different vision issues. Color by itself is no good for people with color vision problems ("color blindness"). Bold may not be distinguished by some. Didn't category display used to show --> arrows, with indented text? That may look old-fashioned, but everyone can see it (I don't know about screen readers/voice output). If your page is UTF-8, you can probably use real arrows and lines, for a crisp appearance. Something that looks and acts like File Explorer, with twistors to expand and collapse sections, would be ideal. Having good hints for screen readers (say "sub category" for each -->) would be perfect. Also make sure that you don't get too wide when presenting on a phone.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release

Hello Rainer @raiwa, como estas?

7 hours ago, raiwa said:

You can include the root level in your switch case statement:

I prefer that the root level has a standard oscommerce format.

7 hours ago, raiwa said:

The default value will apply on the root categories (level 0) and all other levels not matching 1-3.

Since I'm going to have only 3 levels of sub categories with this code, I'm fine.
A person who has more levels of subcategories should add the missing cases if he wants to give them a particular style.

Do you think it's a good idea to publish it as an addon? If you can not do it, I could do it, that's if you allow me to use your code  :) 

Beso

Valqui

I'm using oscommerce Edge v2.3.4.1

Get here the latest osCommerce Online Merchant Community Bootstrap Edition v2.3.4.1 CE