• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ship In Cart Documentation

jimormsbee

I recently upgraded to OsC 2.3.4.1 CE and installed 'Ship In Cart BS reloaded 4.2'. To put it simply I don't know how to set up the Shipping Module or any other module to take advantage of it. I followed all the installation instructions carefully and did find some errors in the instructions such as needing to go to 'Content' to Install Modules. However, I don't know how to set up anything after this Add-On has been installed.  Is there any documentation on how to use 'Ship In Cart'? I did look in earlier versions but could find no documentation.

Thanks, Jim

That addon needs at least one shipping module to be installed in order for it to work, as well as your checkout system for that matter. Once you have a working shipping module then you should be able to see the estimator on the product page or on the shopping cart page if you have that addon installed too.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@Jack_mcs, I believe you confused the contributions. This one doesn't show on the product info page and it shows on the shopping cart page even no shipping module is configured or available.

@jimormsbee,

1. please post in the official support thread, it is stated in the instructions:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/38411-contribution-ship-in-cart/

This avoids confusion and the maintainer (me) gets an alert on new posts.

2. Thanks, yes "content" is missing in the instructions for the modules installation, I'll fix this in the next update.

3. Just install the modules and they should show on the shopping cart page. There is nothing additional to do apart of the costumization settings you like. The modules must show up if installed.

4. The modules are veryintuitive and self explaining. if you have any question please concrete.

5. If there are more errors in the instructions, please explain.

Rgds
Rainer

Once you have this addon installed you need to make sure that you have activated and set up one of the shipping modules. This can be done by going to your admin - modules - shipping  and then clicking on the 'Install Module'  button at the top right hand corner of the page. Once you have set up a shipping module it should show up in the ship in cart addon in the same way that it will show in the checkout shipping page when checking out.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Thanks everyone. My main problem seems to be that I don't fully understand what the 'Ship In Cart' add-on is supposed to do. I'll play with it to get a better feeling for its purpose before I ask any more questions.

As far as installation instructions, I see that you saw that 'Content' was missing. Other than that I'm just a little confused. In (3) it says OPTIONAL if you have in admin => Configuration => My Store => Display Prices with Tax => set to "true". Then in (4) it says the same thing. My question is, would it be good to set it to "true" and make the suggested changes. If I understood better why I might want to set it to true maybe I would better understand the answer. Again, I'll play with it and probably answer my own question.

Thanks much, Jim 

The shipping in cart addon does exactly what it say. it shows your available shipping options and the costs to the customer when they see their shopping cart. OSC as standard does not do this. Thats why I said you had to install, activate and setup some shipping modules. It can only show the prices of the shipping if you have set them up first.

This is what an older version of the addon looks like although it has been modified a bit.

ship-in-cart.png

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

This has been very educational.  Eventually my store will be perfect.  The tools are all here.  I'll check out all the recommended addons, but at the moment I'm just glad to get everything working.

Thanks much, Jim

• 4 weeks later...