Latest News: (loading..)
puggybelle

Need help with alignment of Continue Shopping button in cart

And I couldn't finish my post.........

Alright, this is a screenshot of what I have.

cart.thumb.PNG.143f260c41bc1826612c1f01aa743d5e.PNG

How can I get the Continue Shopping button aligned left-to-right with the Checkout button?  Or, maybe even put that button underneath Checkout?

I've tried everything I can find.  All I've been able to accomplish is moving the Continue Button more to the left...and that's about it.  Thanks!

- Andrea

Posted (edited)

Simply find the class controling that button using your browser dev tool, then simply add the required pull statment. Or if the addon is using custom  css  then simply add to your user.css, You just need to find the right class controling the button.

Oh one other thing the buttons are some times driven by a outer div class like this 

<div class="text-right">

<a class="btn btn-some silly button"> <span class="fa fa-angle-right"></span> some silly button</a></div>

#cancelbutton {
    float: left;
    position:static;
}

#otherbutton {
    position: absolute;
    left: 250px;
    top: 100px;
}
<button type="button" class="btn btn-success pull-left">1</button>

<button type="button" class="btn btn-success pull-right">3</button>

Edited by JcMagpie

Posted (edited)

@puggybelle What version of oscommerce are you using as the solutions are different. Also are you using a module to create the button.

Edited by 14steve14

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Before installing the official version of oscommerce first look at a responsive version here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

@JcMagpie, I'm afraid this will not work on mobile view.

@puggybelle, like mentioned by @14steve14, it's important to know which version you are using.

Unmodularized shopping cart:

Place the "Continue shopping" button before the "Checkout" button and wrap each button inside <div class="col-sm-6">..button..</div>

Modularized shopping cart:

Use the sort order to control the order of the buttons and set both modules to col 6 width.

@puggybelle If you are using the BS version, I think there is an addon to addon for this, though it is not written as a module, as I recall. I have a module written for this purpose and will try to get it uploaded as an addon. But, again, it is for a BS shop, and maybe later 2.3.4 shops, so it won't help if you are using a different version. 

I'm using version 2.3.4.1 CE

I think I need to install Modular Shopping Cart for this to work.

What I installed yesterday is a module that appears to be an add-on for the one above.

At the time, I just thought it was a stand-alone module that would add a Continue Shopping button to the cart.

Raiwa offered it up in a link to a zip file in another thread and I grabbed it.

I've downloaded Modular Shopping Cart and looked at the new files and definitely think what I installed yesterday was written to compliment the Modular Shopping Cart contribution.  So...I'll give that a shot.  Thanks!

- Andrea

@puggybelle, ok. I just didn't remember that one.

It's for sure a good idea to use modular shopping cart. There are more add-ons out there which use modules.

Anyway you could have also just copied the code of the module and used it in the normal shopping cart.

28 minutes ago, raiwa said:

Anyway you could have also just copied the code of the module and used it in the normal shopping cart.

I tried doing it and could never get the buttons aligned.  Of course, I don't know what I'm doing, either.  😗

Installed Modular Shopping Cart and all is well now.  Thank You!

- Andrea