Latest News: (loading..)
abcdefg

Oscommerce 2.3.4 PHP 7 Real Upgrade (not Hotfix)

Posted (edited)

@abcdefg

Please don't mind me. You are doing fine with the latest Frozen version.
I used an older Edge version because this is a project that took longer than expected and I simply didn't find the time and will to redo everything again.
It is my version that is somewhat obsolete. I just went through the commits on github and I applied the code changes to the admin/modules.php file from commit #664 and now all is good. Working like a charm again on PHP version 7.2.8

Sorry that I hijacked your thread here.

Edited by Tsimi

@abcdefg

Just to re-emphasize a point ...

There are NO version number differences in all of the different Edge versions, nor in Frozen. They will ALL say that they are version 2.3.4.1. You have to look at the date of the package (and files) to determine which version you have. Frozen (the last released version) will have a date of Aug 31, 2018. Anything earlier than that is not Frozen.

M

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release here

15 minutes ago, Tsimi said:

@abcdefg

Please don't mind me. You are doing fine with the latest Frozen version.
I used an older Edge version because this is a project that took longer than expected and I simply didn't find the time and will to redo everything again.
It is my version that is somewhat obsolete. I just went through the commits on github and I applied the code changes to the admin/modules.php file from commit #664 and now all is good. Working like a charm again on PHP version 7.2.8

Sorry that I hijacked your thread here.

No problem at all. I am learning the ropes here so it is great to see any form of questions and answers along with comments and opinions.

I think for me it would have been problematic to first find the link and then go through each commit on Github so I am better of using the version that Raiwa kindly provided the link for but if you have something that works for you then that is the most important thing.