• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Express 3.1 returning cheapest shipping option to checkout confirmation osC 2.3.4 BS

cinolas

Greetings,

I'm working with osC 2.3.4 BS and PayPal Express Checkout 3.1 (the payment module, not the app).

The problem I am having occurs only when the customer is NOT logged into paypal before selecting paypal express as their payment option.

Here is the general flow of the order process:

1. customer finishes their order and selects a shipping method other than the cheapest (express shipping)

2. Customer selects Paypal Express as payment option

3. Customer is taken to Paypal where they log in and see their order including shipping. The total shown is the correct total, including the express shipping. Customer confirms order on Paypal site.

4. Customer is sent back to checkout_confirmation.php where shipping has reverted to the cheapest shipping option, not what they had chosen.

This apparently started happening out of the blue a couple months ago. There were no changes made on our end. So I'm assuming that the problem is in the data sent back to osC after payment is confirmed. I have no idea where to look to solve this, since it seems to be coming from Paypal...

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D thanks!

Install PayPal App, when installed update to 5.018. It seems this is fixed there.

I'm not really keen on installing the PayPal App. It changes too many other aspects of osCommerce, our staff is well trained for the way things are now. Plus it just includes all up to date payment modules, so I should be able to get the up to date version of PayPal Express Checkout payment module without the App, no? I looked around and it looks like the most recent version is the version I have, 3.1. So I'm not sure the Paypal App would help.

Or is there a newer version of PayPal Express Checkout somewhere?

Or, does the PayPal App include a newer PayPal Express Checkout? If so, can I get the PayPal Express Checkout payment module from the PayPal App package?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For the record, PayPal has changed the process on their end and this is no longer an issue. The user doesn't come back to the confirmation page, the confirmation happens on PayPal (with the correct shipping) and the user then comes back to the Success page.

Cheers