• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order processing freezes

Hi all,

I have a weird issue here. Sometimes (rarely), order checkout process freezes.

Order gets recorded and payment is received, but no e-mails are sent. I just saw this one in action -- customer gets blank page and gets stuck on checkout_process.

Same customer got back to checkout page and repeated process. Same result.

I saw this happening using different payment methods.

I record PHP errors in file. Nothing recorded in this case. I suspect an endless loop somewhere. I can not reproduce the problem myself. Unfortunately, I do not know what OS/Browser customer used.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rudolf

If it's repeatable for the same order (customer went back, tried again, same result) then it's probably a bug in addon code that's handling something like stock for products with attributes, or updating customer's gift voucher or something similar.

A white screen is usually a php error that's not displayed, so check you're logging all errors. If it's a loop, the page will sit at loading forever.

I'm stating the obvious here but the problem probably lies in the code between recording the order and sending the email.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Archived