• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for Simple header & footer Banners

Please note that these are VERY basic add-ons, Other with more complex functions are available from developers.

That said these 2 give you a very simple way of using the stock CE banner manager to display text or images.

No core change add-on footer and header

Simply install and turn on like any other footer or header add-on.

Then go to admin/tools and use banner manager to make a new banner. The groups must be set to “footer” and or “header”

Please make sure you have set up the banners before turning on the modules or you will display errors on your site.

That’s it.

To use this you have to fix osC CE banner manager first! Edit this file

admin/includes/classes/phplot.php on line 1322 find

if (is_array($color_asked) && (count($color_asked) == 3))

and add " { " like this

if (is_array($color_asked) && (count($color_asked) == 3)){

Banner manager should now work properly in CE.

Thank you very much Zahid for contributions to the community, sometimes simple improvements make great changes!

Do you know if someone is gathering all those bugs reported in Frozen and plans to publish an update package? The members of the core team should do it as soon as possible because otherwise they will remind me of Harald Ponce de Leon and the official version ....

Best greetings

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

14 hours ago, valquiria23 said:

Do you know if someone is gathering all those bugs reported in Frozen and plans to publish an update package?

To answer your question, yes there is a bug list

All software will have some level of bug’s no matter how hard you try, its just a fact of life.

I would not hold your breath for an update to CE!

I think any update if at all will probably be with Bootstrap 4.

I think for people who decide to use the current CE with bootstrap 3 to make small bug fixes themselves is not a big ask.

I have “frozen” all my sites on current CE, It’s a perfectly good cart as is.

• 5 months later...
On 9/10/2018 at 12:59 PM, JcMagpie said:

Then go to admin/tools and use banner manager to make a new banner. The groups must be set to “footer” and or “header”

Please make sure you have set up the banners before turning on the modules or you will display errors on your site.

That’s it.

• 1 month later...

2 issues, well not really issues.

1. When you install the banner module the text is wrong -

image.png.d3c52f1ac4c17bb119bbb123cc2b75f0.png

I've fixed it on mine but you might want to change for other users.

2. Less of an issue and more of a how do I...... Make the banner appear like this? -

image.thumb.png.e4ab0a9df0ca72735ee526c19db76418.png

3 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

It's been a while since I looked at that but from what I remember the shape and size is down to what you set the module width to and the image size you are using.

I actually just converted it to be an index module.

Ok I've never tested the banner manager with the index but I would think it should still work. Only issue is the banner may be will jump around as the index page changes unless its the first thing on index.

23 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Ok I've never tested the banner manager with the index but I would think it should still work. Only issue is the banner may be will jump around as the index page changes unless its the first thing on index.

It seems to work and it will be the first thing on the page. Will do more testing though.

Archived