• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Use of undefined constant FILENAME_MODULES - assumed 'FILENAME_MODULES' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ../includes/modules/payment/paypal_express.php on line 699

makeit4me

I moved to a new server with PHP Version 7.2.9 and MySQL 5.5.5-10.2.17-MariaDB

I completely reinstalled the app, including created brand new database. after configuring PayPay Express, after adding item to cart to test, following error occurs:

Use of undefined constant FILENAME_MODULES - assumed 'FILENAME_MODULES' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ../includes/modules/payment/paypal_express.php on line 699

all else works fine w/o errors, except : payment modules and Banners, which results in

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in ../includes/classes/phplot.php on line 1324

warning message line repeats for every single banner.  and received error before even adding my old data back. errors occur with new, fresh install with or w/o any additional data added.

and upon new install, I can't even install a payment module. after clicking "Install Module" button, the follow error is displayed for every module available, with the modules to install at the end of the errors

Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_MODULE_NAME

after install,

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ../includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_cc_aim.php:23) in ../includes/functions/general.php on line 38

with all else blank -- no side menu, or anything else, just blank page and you have to manually reload OsCommerce Admin.

are there fixes for these issues? I searched for the error message(s) in this forum, but lots of discussions, not actual answers. clearly this is a developer issue as the product isn't working "out of the box".

if there isn't, I guess I'll have to migrate site to WordPress and use one of their shopping carts, but I really like oscommerce and have used this personal store for over a decade.

thanks.

../includes/modules/payment/paypal_express.php line 699:

$test_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=payment&module=' . $this->code . '&action=install&subaction=conntest');

this is definitely a developer issue as this happens after install w/ reference to existing code, not anything added

1 minute ago, ArtcoInc said:

@makeit4me

Which version of oaCommerce are you using?

M

I just downloaded the latest version osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 but I see in your footer a link to download another version. how did I miss that when selecting download??

if you wait for official the grass will have overgrown you

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Don't wait for a new official release of osCommerce. It's likely to never come (quite literally). Use the 2.3.4.1BS Edge/CE/Frozen for any new system, and if you're running anything older, be thinking about upgrading to this one.

Regarding the errors you reported, the new version (Edge) now hard codes a lot of file names and table names, rather than using defined constants. If you try to mix in old add-on code, you'll have to modify it manually to either define the constants (there is a "compatibility" add-on for that), or hard code the names. I don't know if that will fix the phplot.php error. The "headers already sent"  message will probably go away when you fix the other errors -- it's caused by an error message being sent to the browser "too early", before all the headers have been defined.

@makeit4me

As @MrPhil said, the 'official' v2.3.4 (and v2.3.4.1 hot-patch) is very much out of date. The osCommerce project was lead by one person that has been absent for quite some time. In his absence, the "community" has continued with the development of osC. Unfortunately, that one missing person is the only one that can make this continued development an 'official' release.

The 'Community Edition' (also called osC-CE (for Community Edition), osC-BS (for Bootstrap, the platform it is based on), osC-Edge, osC-Final, and/or osC-Frozen. These are all different names for the same thing) is a big improvement over the last 'official' v2.3.4 release in a number of ways:

1) It is responsive. This means that it will adjust the screen layout depending on the size of the screen of your customer's device. This is very important in this day of mobile devices. The 'official' version is not responsive.

2) It will work with the newer version of PHP, the scripting language used in osC. As more and more hosts upgrade their servers to PHP 7.x, older versions of osC (including the 'official' version) will crash.

3) It is much more modular. This means that you can turn features on or off, change the layout, or even add new features, all without touching the core code.

You can find a link to the latest version of the Community Edition in my signature below.

Malcolm

@ArtcoInc is it legal propagation? Sorry this off topic but I am new here and I see in every stream are talking about the members community version so I wonder why can not see "CE" on addons site opposit to read restrictions about non-oscommerce network contents here: https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/guidelines/
Why isnt found community edition in Apps Marketplace?
If I have a variant than I could propagate here as "forum version (FV)" in my sign?

@tothcom

As I mentioned, the only person that can make these changes has been absent. So we, as the community, are doing what we can, with what is available to us.

osCommerce is an Open Source project. There have been a number of people/teams who have taken the osC source code and 'spun off' their own shopping carts. You may too, if you choose. However, you can not call yours "osCommerce".

M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, shetch said:

Simply add following to includes/filenames.php

That is only valid for some versions. The recommended CE version doesn't have that file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If your version has a filenames.php (and it came with the installation and is actually used), you can add missing file names. Otherwise, names get hard coded now, and you will have to find any place FILENAME_MODULES is used and replace it by the string 'modules.php'. That should not happen in base code, but it's quite likely in add-ons.

16 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

That is only valid for some versions. The recommended CE version doesn't have that file.

Yes, this would only be valid for the version the original post relates to.  It's a real shame the CE version is not the official release as any potential new users will use an alternative platform if they download the official release and get bugs.  

Archived