• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Report or tool to show when product was sold

14steve14

I have done a quick search of the addons and cant seem to find anything like this. I have tried one that didnt work at all and just kept giving loads of errors so I gave up. This is the one that I have tried http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6902

What I need to do is to find out when a particular product was sold, and to who it was sold. This may seem silly but I sell electronic components and a supplier of mine has contacted me about a safety notice on a product. I have sold only a few of the particular batch, as I have lots of them on the shelf, but I need to know who bought the other items. I can also see a benefit to this type of addon for other reasons, but for now it would be good to find something to save me having to go through hundreds of orders to find one particular product name since I bought a thousand of the items.

Can anyone offer any help or advice please.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I know its not an add-on but this is a good open source report generator that with a little learning can be used to produce any report you like from your db.

http://datavision.sourceforge.net/

Alternatively just export your db and use LibreOffice Base to generate the report localy. Some clever db guru may know the script to run in phpmyadmin to do this directly as db query

Someone has already used one of the existing reports to produce somthing like what your after, should still work with a few tweeks.

@14steve14 Steve I use the one that you had trouble with.  As I recall it needed a fair bit of work and I may have tweaked it some for my purposes but it was well worth the effort.  It is probably the add on that I use the most....it is very helpful to see where your inventory goes, who bought what as well as for cross sell, recalls, warranty stuff etc.  It is invaluable to me.  You might find it helpful to get the information you want in some other way, for the time, being but don't give up on that add-on.   As I said, for me it was well worth the effort and I'd be happy swap files with you for comparison purposes if you want.

Dan

Just a quick hack but the existing report Products Purchased with small mod can do this, simply as shown in old thread just add a new view for each product sold.

image.thumb.png.8bdd87d4f6b86d3ebbc9090bde645c9c.png

find the product you need the customer info for and click on view will call and you get a list of the customers that bought the product. just a quick hack bu t it works.

Only checked on test site! Moded files are attached. These will need to be refined as I just got it working and nothing more.

image.thumb.png.da93140d087a9bc97fae38433d9ea32f.png

stats_products_purchased.php

stats_willcall.php

Archived