• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Discount Modules - Any Views?

Mort-lemur

Quick question to see if anyone has views on which discount code module to use on a 2.3.4 site (not BS)

Im not looking for anything fancy - just a way to give a discount code to a customer that allows a discount to be applied to the order total (after shipping and tax have been applied)

eg. Subtotal £10 + Tax £2 + Shipping £3 = £15  Apply discount code of £5.00 would give an order total of £10.00

Views appreciated.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

The main two addons for doing this are Discount Coupons and Gift Vouchers. Both will do what you want but each have differences that may be important to you. This article explains the basic differences. I don't think one is better than the other - just different in their options. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not sure about the one by @Tsimi but the one by  @raiwa is a rewrite of Discount Coupons and, I think, it is only for the CE shop. Just wanted to clear that up a little. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Just FWIIW, I believe the Discount Code add-on was a collaboration between Lambros and Rainer and there is a 2.3.1 version but I haven't used it and just wanted to give you another option.  I wasn't pushing one or the other and in fact I use the Discount Coupon add-on referenced by Jack.

Dan 

@Mort-lemur,

My and Tsimis version is for BS, but it can easy be adapted for standard OsC 2.3.x:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/iIUE4&discount-codes-bs

You just need to modify the javascript selector in the ht module for the input form injection in checkout_payment.php.

Please see this post:

I believe installation is easier than  " Gift Vouchers ". Features are very similar.

Archived