• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add Zones to Shipping Zone Rates

jimormsbee

This is a simple question.  I need to add zones to the shipping zone rates.  I knew how to do this several years ago when I first set up my store, but I just upgraded to osC 2.4.3.1 CE and lost the table.  I believe this is because I overwrote the configuration table.  I have the default Zone 1.  I need at least 5 zones.  Thank you, Jim

You need to install the Zone rate module, just ligin to admin and go to modules/shipping and install Zone rates. Then just set them up as before.

To add new zones just go to admin/ localization/taxes and open zones and at bottom right is the add zones button.

image.thumb.png.4cc15e76667645706250012a947750c3.png

image.png.bd628d72d335efffd368aed59418deec.png

I looked at this but was concerned about whether it was compatible with osC 2.4.3.1 CE.  I believe this is what I was using before upgrading osC.  Can you tell me if it is or how to adapt it to this release if not?  Thanks 

• 1 month later...

I did figure out how to add zones by searching for 'Shipping Zones' in the forum.  Burt replied to this problem at least twice in the past.  On 6/30/2012 he referred to the actual file zones.php and said to change the number of zones there.  I found the file in /catalog/includes/modules/shipping/zones.php and changed setting to '5' per his instructions and the extensive comments in the file.  This worked perfectly.

Thanks much, Jim

Archived