• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping/CCGV/PayPal

Lexi

• Another glitch, I went to place an order for a gift card (I use CCGV) -  I go to the shopping cart page & choose proceed to checkout - which goes to the checkout.php page - I enter in info to ship order - click on the box for free shipping.

Below it shows the amount for the order less the shipping - but when click on the PayPal express checkout (log into my account) to pay for the order it generates my flat rate shipping charge which this should not be doing & in the past four years it was working fine until now. 

I have not made any changes in site regarding shipping.  I talked to PayPal and they said it was on my end not theirs as the shipping is being generated from my site.  I have read many threads on this but to no avail I am once again stuck.

I know this is a long an drawn out & exhausted topic as I sit here attempting to read through 199 posts on this add on - but if anyone can help speedy the process it would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks, Lexi

There isn't a checkout.php file in a stock oscommerce shop so you are using a non-standard checkout, which means no one will be able to help you here unless they are familiar with whatever you are using. If it is an addon from here, then you should ask in its support thread. If it is something that can be turned off, you could try doing that for a test to see if the problem exists without that addon.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, I'm sorry it was a very long day of reading posts & I miss typed you are correct there is no checkout.php - what I meant to say is that it goes to the checkout page (shopping_cart.php) & there you have the Checkout with PayPal button (paypal express) - click on it and it takes you to log into paypal account - when logged in the order updates & generates my flat rate shipping into the order.

So your were saying your gift card checkout could handle free shipping before your had changed your payment method from something to Paypal?

I think CCGV modify your order_total class during a "full" checkout to make things work. I would just dive right into the Paypal Express and update the codes there. You should be able to reference CCGV/order_total class for the mod. Good luck!

It sounds like one of your shipping module or CCGV made changes to checkout_process.php directly rather than via module. You would need to figure out what those changes were and make equivalent changes in paypal_express.php or whatever the name is. I believe the file that you need to modify is under the ext directory, but it's been a while since I've played with it. I believe this is what Tim was suggesting.

The short version is that the PayPal files duplicate some of the functionality from checkout_process.php, so add-ons that modify checkout_process.php also require changes to other PayPal files.

This is beyond just copying files. You almost certainly have to edit files manually. In the past, I've used a tool called KDiff3 to help me with these kinds of tasks. I leave it up to you whether you want to try to figure out how to make such manual edits or not. Depending on how you value your time and frustration, it may be time to pay someone to do it.

Always back up before making changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ecartz, 

Thank you for your help, I am still trying to figure it out - I have hired two freelancers since my last post to fix it and they cant even figure it out  - so I will keep googling and see what all I can find ... thanks everyone!!

Oh ok Tim that would be good idea then .... and Thank you Rainer as with the ccgv everything works great (discount codes/coupons/gift cards) all except the shipping being charges on the orders - thank you Rainer for your input every bit helps!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having the same problem but without any CCGV. I suspect we actually have the same problem, did you ever figure it out?

I use PayPal Express, and regardless of what shipping method the user chooses at checkout_shipping.php, upon returning from PayPal the shipping method gets changed to the cheapest method.

I use a conditional shipping module that offers snail mail if the order thickness is small enough, this method is always the cheapest but not always available. Regardless of wether that option was available to the user on checkout_shipping.php it's always the selected option when returning from PayPal. Note that the order total displayed on PayPal is the correct one with the shipping method selected by the user, it's when the user comes back to checkout_confirmation.php that the shipping method, and therefore the total, are changed.

This was all working fine a few months ago, and started acting up out of the blue. A change at PayPal I'm guessing.

How do I ensure that the selected shipping method sticks throughout the PayPal Express checkout process? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Archived