• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where to Login into Admin area?

FrankPC

While my store has been active over the past 9 years, I haven't made changes to it.  I just now added two products, which I did using cPanel.  That seemed to work OK.

Version may be 2.2.  I found old records with that version number and my user ID and password.

The administrators table is still OK in mySQL database.  But I can't remember where to sign on to my admin account.  The only login place I know of is as a customer, and that requires an email address.

Can someone help me out just a bit?

Thank you!

Frank

I believe I have found the URL for admin login.  Under admin/login.  But when I attempt to access that, "Unable to connect to database server!" is returned.

Oscommerce does indeed see the products, pricing, etc.  So it seems odd that it cannot access the database server.  Would that mean there is a separate password or something unique about where it needs to go to confirm admin user ID and password?  I am guessing it is attempting to access the Admin table, which is available and looks OK.

The shop and admin sections have their own includes/configure.php files. If the shop side is working, which it sounds to be the case, then the configure file in admin is probably not correct.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you Jack.  I did find that the config file for the admin section was different / older than the shop side file.  So I did update it.  Then I was able to reach the login in window for admin, which I think means I was accessing the correct database and table in mySQL.  But my user ID & PW didn't work. So I "emptied the administrators table in mySQL, and inserted a new user name and the code for "40pass", but I am still not able to log in.  I tried that ten times using various user ids.  Of course, I only have the one generic password of 40pass to try.

I don't suppose you can offer any other way to troubleshoot this can you?

I've modified my oscommerce quite a bit, so I would prefer not to start over.  While I'm not sure, I might have version 2.2.  Any chance having the older version would disallow the 40pass coded password from working?

Thank you Jack!

Clear your browser cache and clear sessions on your db. You are probably still holding old password data. More importantly when you clear password and user name for admin

just go to your www.mysite.com/admin( or whatever you have called your admin folder ) and you will be promted for a new password.

Thank you!

We recently switched the site to a secure URL, https://.  In the catalog config file, I set the URLs to https://, but I didn't notice the true/false setting for "ssl".  And at that time I had forgotten there were two config files, so the admin one hadn't been touched.  I also set the permissions to 444 if that mattered - they might have been 644, I'm not sure.

But in any event, all is well now!!  

Thank you for help.

Archived