• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin/Modules/Payment

Lexi

Hi,

After spending hours searching I couldn't find the answer to my dilemma so I am hoping someone can please help me.  I have 2.3.3.4 shop & I wanted to install a different payment module from the uninstalled modules (admin/modules/payment) it shows me that there are 46 I can choose to install.   

When I click on  the +install module button in the top right it goes into a completely blank page - it did not give me any error code to follow or nothing just a blank page.  I know it was working before and it works fine if I was to go to install the other modules in panel such as shipping, boxes, etc... just not showing for payment.  Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Thanks, Lexi

You will find it here if installed in root.

public_html/error_log.txt

The PHP white page of death is quite common when you have a script/file that has got corrupted. Have you added any new modules to the payment section?

Hi JcMagpie,

Ok I have go into my - public_html/error_log.txt - and I looked for public_html/includes/modules/payment error code (correct?) but there is none -  I have not updated any of the payment modules in over two years prior to that yes I did add but I think I used the +install module at that time.  I also went into my site and looked into the public_html/includes/modules/payment folder and all the 46 modules are listed.

No you just look for any error that is shown in the file. It will be time stamped for the time it occured. If you find no errors in the error_log.txt then you need to talk to your host.

1) ask if they can find a error report for your account.

2) ask if any changes have been made to your PHP on the server or anyother changes but PHP is the most likely.

3) for you have you made any changes to the config files?

4) if you did add a module to payments 2 years ago and have not used the install since it could be that this one you installed is messing up the code! A badly coded addon can mess up the admin. If all else fails  backup your site and DB and uninsatll the payment addon you installed 2 years ago and see if it fix's the problem.

39 minutes ago, Lexi said:

I also went into my site and looked into the public_html/includes/modules/payment folder and all the 46 modules are listed.

All of those files have a corresponding file in the includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ directory so you need to check there too. Also check for any backup files in both locations that may have been added, like mypaymentmodule_old.php and delete them (save them first).

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks JcMagpie greatly appreciated for your help - I will talk to my host and I am not aware of changes in my config file I have had in the past freelancer work on site in adding some stuff but other then that I don't know.

Jack, thank you also for your input I did go into the includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ directory and they are all listed I will send pic.  Other then talking to the host I am stumped...

-9.jpg

Hi Jack,

I did take a look in the includes/modules/payment/ directory and yes that file does also appear (see pic below).  I also talked to my host and everything is fine on their end so I don't know where to go from here with this...

d-1.jpg

The blank page you describe is usually due to missing or extra files as I described or an error in one of the files itself. Try deleting (after saving) the module you tried to install from both directories. Then see if you can install a module (doesn't matter which one). If you can, then the deleted module is at fault.

If that doesn't work, uninstall all payment modules, delete all files from both payment directories except for one and try installing that module. I suggest you try the cod module since that would most likely have not been altered. If it works, then upload another module and try it, and so on. If it doesn't work, then there is something wrong somewhere else and you would probably need to hire someone to help at that point.

Please note: you have to be sure to uninstall the installed module before deleting the files or you may damage your database.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

OMG Jack you are a genius, I can't say thank you enough - I followed your instructions and I when I went to delete the Opaypal_express.php that did the trick & all the modules are now showing up.  Now to try and fix my ccgv which I will post a new thread... thanks again!

Lexi:smile:

Archived