• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Does Authorize.net pass on Customer IP Address?

brian_cee

If I set up SIM or DPM, I've been told customer IP address isn't "passed on" from my site to Authorize.net. But when the customer wants to check out, they are taken to Authorize.net's site to complete payment, so if the customer is right there on there site, how can AuthNet NOT see the customer's IP address?

If anybody has time to share, thanks in advance.

Obviously, if a customer is passed to their site, they will be able to see the IP address the customer comes in on. Now, what Authorize.net does with that IP address (if anything) is the matter at hand. If they do nothing at all with it, I suppose that could count as "not passed on". If they store it or use it for some other purpose (such as selling to a marketer), they should tell either you or the customer directly. I presume this question comes up with regards to GDPR? If they are operating in the EU, I would think they would be bound by GDPR requirements.

14 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

Obviously, if a customer is passed to their site, they will be able to see the IP address the customer comes in on.

I know with Stripe, for example, you don't make your customers leave your site during checkout. I was hoping to use Authorize.net in the same way, but AIM, SIM, DPM all take me off my site to their site.

Do you know of a way to use Authnet but let customers stay on my site during checkout?

They take you of your site because they need a secure site on which to process the data! if it was done on your site you would be responsable for any breach!

You should aske the company itself I'm sure they will let you know, or check out the API details

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html

image.png.15b76a70537834c002cff50dbbf51947.png

And it would apper that IP is in the osC API for Authorize.net ,

'x_email' => substr($order->customer['email_address'], 0, 255),
                      'x_cust_id' => substr($customer_id, 0, 20),
                      'x_customer_ip' => tep_get_ip_address(),

4 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

They take you of your site because they need a secure site on which to process the data! if it was done on your site you would be responsable for any breach!

You should aske the company itself I'm sure they will let you know, or check out the API details

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html

image.png.15b76a70537834c002cff50dbbf51947.png

I asked Authorize.net, they said to ask my shopping cart. But in any case, I don't know anything, but like I mentioned, with Stripe, the customer stays on my site and the transaction still occurs not on my server, I just wondered how to send the transaction to Authnet in a similar fashion without my customers being taken away from my site. Thanks for the info, I'll look into it, but I don't think it addresses what I was wondering about, but I'm so clueless, it might be the answer I was looking for.

As far as I know, the aim module never transfers the user. Are you using a new version of that module? If so, look at the module settings and try the test link. Does it work?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

On 8/26/2018 at 1:34 PM, Jack_mcs said:

As far as I know, the aim module never transfers the user. Are you using a new version of that module? If so, look at the module settings and try the test link. Does it work?

I set up the sandbox thing to play in, and tried the AIM one again, and you are right, it doesn't take customers offsite. Not sure what I did to change/fix it, but it's good now, thanks for the replies.........