• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Locked out of Admin Account to OScommerce web-site

BrigitteD

It has been a  fair while since we did any changes to our OSCommerce web-site, www.vintagewatchstore.com

We have found ourselves locked out of our account possibly due to hacking, username is fine, but password fails.

How do we sort this out,c an anyone offer any advice please ?

Thank you

By "locked out of our account", I assume you mean your admin. If that is correct, the answer depends on your version of oscommerce.

Look at the database through cpanel and see if there is a table named administrators. If there is, empty that table (don't delete it) and you can then reset the login when you visit your admin.

If it doesn't exist, then you must have a popup for the login and in that case, use can use the Directory Privacy tool in cpanel to change it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack hi,

Thanks for this, there is an added complication, the route Admin  directory was protected with an extra word, possibly w\@tch, and currently just triggering a banned IP trap to stop hackers

I have accessed the Directory Privacy tool in C-Panel.and cannot find a way to change the pop-up for login, which we currently do not see.

A gentleman from Canada, Dunn Designs or similar did some work a few years back for us who we found from this excellent forum

Any advice or further guidance greatly appreciated

Thank you

You are probably using the IP Trap addon. As I recall, that blocks IP's for various reasons. They are probably in the roots .htaccess file so you may want to search it for your IP and remove it if found. But it may store them elsewhere. You can download that addon and read the instructions. It should tell you how to unblock an IP.

As a quick test, you can rename the .htaccess file in the root directory to see if you can get into admin. But that may break your shop so don't leave it changed for long. Also, if there is a .htaccess file in the admin directory, try renaming it to see if you can get in.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack hi

The IP trap addon is in there

Thank you digging further, we have found the html link:

http://vintagewatchstore.com/catalogue/w@tch/

Typing this in now brings up multiple error messages:

eprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/judith69/public_html/catalogue/w@tch/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/judith69/public_html/catalogue/w@tch/includes/functions/database.php:19) in /home/judith69/public_html/catalogue/w@tch/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/judith69/public_html/catalogue/w@tch/includes/functions/database.php:19) in /home/judith69/public_html/catalogue/w@tch/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/judith69/public_html/catalogue/w@tch/includes/classes/language.php on line 87

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/judith69/public_html/catalogue/w@tch/includes/classes/language.php on line 87

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/judith69/public_html/catalogue/w@tch/includes/functions/database.php:19) in /home/judith69/public_html/catalogue/w@tch/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

If I am correct our web-site was built with OSCommerce Vs 2.2 and pHp 5.3,.

Our site worked fine on an old host server, where these functions still worked, dynamic content and databases etc

Now hosted on newer server. is it possible that our problems stem from an old version of PHP which is not deprecated ?

Yes, those are php related messages. Ask your host if they offer php 5.3 and, if so, switching to it should fix that. Although, even if it does, 5.3 is very old and not recommended. If they don't offer it, there is some code you can try to hide the messages. But if this is a live shop you intend to use, it should be upgraded since it will be full of known security holes..

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack hi

I have arranged for my site host to switch back to php 5.3,.

This now brings up 500 server error messages for Catalogue page on site and also when I try to access Admin.

All other error messages have gone.

Archived