• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal not recording order after successful checkout

hyepo

Using os Commerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 BS with latest PayPal module..  All worked remarkedly well until last week.  Two customers who checked out with PayPal standard (only running standard) had orders that they paid for though PayPal but on the orders page (admin) showed all their info and items but failed to show payment processed.. i.e. no history for the order.  Still had an order number... everything worked fine except order history was blank..  

when looking at “orders”, the status shows Preparing [Paypal standard] and when we click on the order, everything is there (i.e. what the customer ordered) but no history, no record of order being paid via paypal...  two days earlier, another customer via paypal worked fine, Showing the paypal transaction in history and status was “pending” is it should be.

I have changed NOTHING since installing this app prior to spring.... it worked great and does still when it works... but lately i have had a few orders not record the paypal transaction even though I received payment... and one order went through without even creating an order number and if not for paypal i would have never known the order was placed or paid for.  

I have not changed a single thing since this newer paypal module was installed.. i am only running paypal standard (which does a great job in listing items bought on the paypal side) but like i said, lately it is not sending the info back to osC and that, although seems to create the order, does not record the payment success in history. 

Images below: first is the orders page showing the status of the order, the second shows what does get recorded.. but no history...

Any thoughts?

1378BD5A-7121-449B-BEE9-B0B13AE9E811.jpeg

19D115C2-6D85-4EAE-AAD2-E460C0B0D57A.jpeg

Well mostly Preparing [Paypal Standard] status means that the checkout was canceled by the customer. Do you have incomes in PP account? If yes then may be call back url was missed or orders_id destroyed in orders_status_history data table. Check you PP incomes and orders_status_history table if are there any rows with null orders_id. This issue could be happen by admin side too when admin edit orders. This could be a session regeneration problem at admin side.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Yes.. payment received in PP... also shows order number in paypal... like i said, most of the time it works... once in awhile it does not record history.. i have never edited an order that I am aware of.... when it works, it works great.. but sometimes it just does not record the history... 

I had this just the other day. Everything was working fine up to a few weekends ago. Then two orders were paid for but not recorded. Order numbers were passed to PayPal and in the orders list these numbers were missing. No emails were sent to either the store owner or the buyer. The items were still in the customers basket, as I was asking for help in emptying these baskets and completing the sale.  It hasn't happened since, so I am assuming that it was either a website or PayPal glitch. Luckily the items purchased were saved at PayPal.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Exactly... I believe it is a PayPal issue (although they feel otherwise) because I also use authorize.net and never have an issue there... all recorded sales show as expected .. only now with paypal do there seem to be issues of sales not being recorded..  the one thing here is the orders to show but do not show as being paid for in the history but do show method as being paypal... very odd indeed.

Today it worked perfectly ... no a darn thing has changed.... recorded sale, recorded on paypal and recorded transaction in history... order properly shows pending after accepting PayPal standard payment... 

doh!     I think the program has gremlins.. 

• 4 weeks later...

It’s been nearly a month and again, the same error occurs....in that PayPay charges and credits the customer and my paypal account respectfully, correctly 

OSCommerce only shows, in orders, the customer’s name and that “NO HISTORY” about the order is displayed ... the itemization of teh order is there, thankfully, and since paypal successfully paid me for the customer’s purchase, i can manually change status to pending (which is what it should have automatically been on its own)... but does not show the paypal standard as the first line of history (as it normally would).

Has anyone else continued to see this error, and /or found a reliable solution.. need things like this to work without fail... 

😞

As it works for most of the time i wuld startlking outside of oscmmerce. Ask your hosts to find what happened at that time. Speak to paypal and get them to check their logs. Also speak to the customer as it may be something they use or did. 

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hello,   Has this issue been fixed..  as we are still experiencing some orders not being updated after successful checkout.  i read this forum i didnt see a fix

however we see no rows with null order id.in orders_status_history table

Does any of the affected sites and orders use any sort of discount module/functionality?  i.e discount codes/coupons?

I've seen this happen before due to the way tax is calculated and rounding in the store versus how PayPal calculates tax and discounts.  When the two figures don't match up during the callback (usually 1pence/1cents difference) the store will not accept the result and the process fails, no emails sent, baskets not cleared etc.

If it still don't work, hit it again!

Senior PHP Dev with 18+ years of commercial experience for hire, all requirements considered, see profile for more information.

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC version (the community-supported responsive version) here.

If it's just some orders, and it's fairly old osC code, I've seen this problem with customers failing to properly return to the store after completing payment. That is, they "back" up or otherwise go off someplace else from the PayPal site, and never return to the store to complete the transaction. This assumes it's a PayPal mode that takes the customer offsite (to paypal.com).

I think that some of the more recent osC versions may have code to successfully complete the transaction even if the customer never returns (but PayPal signals that it completed). You might look around at that (and discussion on this forum). Otherwise, it's operator error. About the best you could do is to put in a BIG REMINDER before they're sent off to the PayPal site that they need to come back to your store in a certain way, for the transaction to complete.

• 8 months later...

Anyone ever discover the solution to this issue? Just stated happening on our site on Saturday night. I tested the process and "clicking" the return to merchant gives an Error: "Could not verify the PayPal transaction. Please try again."

Nothing changed on the site and more than 24 hrs have passed since this began. All standard credit card pay work fine.

This has also started happening to me since Saturday night. Tested it myself and got the same result with the error message but received payment to our merchant Paypal account. I've Raised a ticket with Paypal support but haven't heard anything back yet

23 minutes ago, Cary said:

Anyone ever discover the solution to this issue? Just stated happening on our site on Saturday night. I tested the process and "clicking" the return to merchant gives an Error: "Could not verify the PayPal transaction. Please try again."

Nothing changed on the site and more than 24 hrs have passed since this began. All standard credit card pay work fine.

Please also (as @Mac Fly has done) raise a support ticket with Paypal.  Let's see what they have to say (to both)...

38 minutes ago, mfleeson said:

I'm having the same issue, i receive a payment email from paypal but it doesn't call back to the website.

Replace your copy of ext/modules/payment/paypal/paypal.com.crt

with this one  paypal.com.crt

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, alexiscruz007 said:

I have the same problem but is in osco 2.2, and need fix.

The fix is the same. The exception is if you have such an old version of paypal that it doesn't use the cert. In that case you need to install the Paypal App (found in the addons section).

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I fixed the problem in 2020. Since there everything worked well until now. I don't know if paypal has changed the paypal.com.crt . If anyone has the new one and could share it I'll be grateful it. Although I'm not sure if now is this the problem.

Archived