• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin page - The page isn’t redirecting properly

Take a look in both includes/local/ directories and make sure there are not configure files there. I don't see how there could be since, I think, this is a new installation but it is worth looking at.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

6 hours ago, FCSavings said:

"GET /FCSavings.com/SavingsAdmin/login.php HTTP/1.1" 302 201

That is exactly what you need, with this the host should know exactly what is causing this. HTTP/1.1" 302 201 clearly states what has gone wrong. It is a problem of wrong permisions or out of date redirect info. IF you have access to your control center then you can try the solutions given on this site.

https://support.managed.com/kb/a201/dnn-error-the-page-isnt-redirecting-properly.aspx

302 Found (Previously "Moved temporarily")
    Tells the client to look at (browse to) another url

202 Accepted
    The request has been accepted for processing, but the processing has not been completed. The request might or might not be eventually acted upon, and may be disallowed when processing occurs.

The problem is caused by (you maybe) or most likely your host, they have a permanent 301 redirect but its messed up. Took some tracking down😊 full trace has been PM to you.

The main problem is the first 301 redirect it goes to

http://www.fcsavings.com/FCSavings.com/********admin/?

As you can see that will never work. Now finding the 301 redirect is down to you.

I've gone through it with this host about the domain.com/domain.com/page.html before.  It hasn't ever affected how the sites have worked, I just didn't like the way it looked and they wouldn't do anything to fix it.  I finally got a response from them.:

I could see that the request for the file 'login.php' within the directory '/FCSavings.com/SavingsAdmin' keeps on failing with the error code 302 and resulting in the incorrect redirect. There is no server side issues found for the hosting account configuration. Please note that your hosting account is hosted on Windows 2018 IIS 10 version servers and doesn't use Apache as in Linux. Regarding this error, it would be better if you consult with other osCommerce users in their Support forum and seek the advice. We haven't found any issues with the hosting account set-up on our end.

I actually tried another shopping cart that I was looking at too.  I installed wordpress and then tried to install woocommerce.  But once I got wordpress installed and tried to log in to it again after the first time, it won't let me log in.... it just keeps coming back to the login page - not saying anything is incorrect unless I purposefully put something in wrong.

I'm going to look around and see what my options are and what sites I still have that use asp.  These guys take 3 1/2 days to do anything simple.  It's time to move on.

Currently in the .htaccess file in the root of my hosting account, each domain I have  has this:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?fcsavings.com$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/FCSavings.com/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /FCSavings.com/$1
RewriteRule ^(/)?$ FCSavings.com/$1 [L]

Does this look correct?  Another of my domains is kawres.com.  Is something in there what causes www.FCSavings.com to come up the same as www.KawreS.com/FCSavings.com and www.KawreS.com to come up the same as www.FCSavings.com/KawreS.com (except the background doesn't show up properly)?  In other words, every domain points to the root directory and you can access the other domains files by using the folder they're contained in, if you get what I mean by that.

The problem you are facing can be caused by the site, the server or both. Without a host that can do more than what has already been mentioned in this thread, I think you may be wasting your time. The recommended platform for an oscommerce shop, any php shopping cart actually, is Linux. There are a number of reasons for that but one has to do with redirects, which is your problem. So if you have to have an account that allows asp, I suggest splitting the sites into two smaller accounts: one on a Windows server and one on a Linux server. That is the best solution because even if you get this working, you will probably have trouble with other redirect and cron jobs, both of which are needed if you want to have a successful shop.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

8 hours ago, FCSavings said:

8 hours ago, FCSavings said:

Is something in there what causes www.FCSavings.com to come up the same as www.KawreS.com/FCSavings.com

Well yes as originally stated test the site with all redirects turned off. Add them back one line at a time checking after each one to find the one that is causing the problem. Your host is correct in what they are saying. If you check their recommendations they do not recommend using .htaccess !

If you check they recomend using the redirect tool they provide in your control panel. The issue is you can only have one htaccess in the root and it will affect all your sites on that root. I have never been a fan of mixing upper and lowwer cases 😊, just find which line is causing it and then worry about a solution if its still required.

Also you can not use Apache mod_rewrite Rules on a windows server 😊 as they are, you need to imort them using the windows redirect tool which helps you to convert them for windows, or conver them manualy before using them in your .htaccess.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/extensions/url-rewrite-module/importing-apache-modrewrite-rules

First, could you explain exactly what you're trying to do here? Whoever wrote this appears to be very confused. What are the various URL inputs you're handling, and what are the desired outputs? It says that if the domain is [www.]fcsavings.com AND the URI doesn't start with /FCSavings.com/ AND the request is not for an existing filename or directory, stick "/FCSavings.com/" at the beginning of the input URI. Why would FCSavings.com be part of the URI, if it's already in the domain? Is that part actually needed to be typed in by the visitor? And then, if the domain is [www.]fcsavings.com (again), stick FCSavings.com/ in front of whatever URI was supplied. That by itself might be causing a loop.

A couple of notes here: if you have "special" characters such as . in a regular expression pattern, they need to be escaped: ^(www\.)?fcsavings\.com$ and you can make an expression match case-insensitive with the [NC] flag. I also find it hard to believe that a visitor needs to type in FCSavings.com into the address -- are you sure that part of the directory path isn't hidden from them, per your config.php files you gave? If you're on a Windows server, rather than the much better Apache, it's possible some of the URL rewriting operations you're trying to do may not work, or work differently, than on Apache, even if .htaccess support of some sort is enabled.

The issue is you can only have one htaccess in the root and it will affect all your sites on that root.

All the more reason to separate your applications (even it you have only one at the moment) into their own subdirectories, so each can get its own .htaccess, and that all the URL rewriting for SEO, etc. is confined to this one application and it doesn't step on other applications. Be careful if you're handling multiple domain names and/or subdomains on one account, as this can complicate URL rewriting/redirecting.

32 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

First, could you explain exactly what you're trying to do here? 

This is not something I created.  This is automatically created and/or manually created by the web host.  I only registered FCSavings.com 2 weeks ago.  When I tried using the control panel on my host to point it to the FCSavings.com directory, it would not work.  I contacted their support, 3 1/2 days later they had it fixed.

I have seen this .htaccess file in my root folder before, but never thought too much about it because I figured it's just what was needed to make things work.  I have never done anything but view it other than rename it once to see what happens and then none of my domains work at all.

I don't know much about the "back end" of hosting.  I've been out of scripting and creating web pages for several years so I'm behind on most of that too.  Which is why the one page I have that I coded in asp, I'm dreading trying to recreate, but I'm planning on trying to figure out the easiest way to "update" it to a new page that is still easily manageable by someone who just wants to be able to type things in.

If you have no idea what it's for, I can't help. I think I would go back to your host tech support and explain what you're looking for and what kind of errors you're currently getting. If this is primarily a Windows shop, they may not have much idea how to handle .htaccess URL rewriting. Rather than requiring .htaccess processing, maybe they can suggest how to do it (if at all possible) in pure Windows server fashion. osC doesn't need that fancy of processing, so maybe they can suggest how to replace the osC .htaccess code (especially if you're doing SEO URL rewrites) in a Windows fashion. Good luck!

P.S. If you get this working without .htaccess, please document it here so that others on Windows can do it, too.

P.P.S. There are Windows implementations of the Apache (often miscalled "Linux") server, in contrast to IIS, Windows Server, and other Microsoft offerings. Make sure you know what you're running on. Apache uses and processes the .htaccess file, and the stack may be referred to as "WAMP" or "WAMPP".

Archived