Latest News: (loading..)
JcMagpie

Make your osC better by Learning from the competition

Hello Zahid @JcMagpie
I test it in chrome and Firefox seems to be doing well. On PC the objects in the navbar are misaligned.

On mobile devices the button on the top right of the navbar does not work after selecting an option.

Best regards.

Valqui

I'm using oscommerce Edge v2.3.4.1

Get here the latest osCommerce Online Merchant Community Bootstrap Edition v2.3.4.1 CE

Yes they dont sit on same level 😊 I thinks that just me been lazy and not checking my css, I must have some in a file which is messing up the Navbar.

The button on the top right this should only happen in the modal ,  the model will work to let you enter your details but then you must close modal to use the website again.

At the moment I have just sent the whole page to the modal, to send only the form will take a lot more work! and not sure it can be done in no core change add-on.

image.thumb.png.3e580d23befdc05fa438f9eed66e787c.png

Just some features that I have put in my checkout

1.  Select2 https://select2.org/getting-started/basic-usage, which can be used in the country / state drop down menus. This allows you to either the drop-down as normal, or you can start to type in and it will filter the results
  2. As I only got one shipping method I skip. The shipping page the same can be done for the payment method page
  3. Use jQuery validation https://jqueryvalidation.org for real time validation of the fields instead of after clicking on continue

On 8/14/2018 at 5:13 PM, 14steve14 said:

Let us know how you get on.

Early days still, but since adding the auto fill form and the Guest checkout notice, not had a single abandoned cart! Now that's never happend before. To early to draw any final conclusions but still moving in right direction. What is surprising is that customers who already have accounts are prefering to check out as guest!

image.png.c728a4693756bbb0f9a2913d7342f760.png

It’s been one month since I introduced (see above) this simple change to my checkout with the hope of reducing the number of abandoned carts.

So far it’s achieved 80% reduction in abandoned carts (based on taking the average per month over the last 12 months).

I’m more than happy with that, considering it was such a simple change!

1) Switch PayPal express

2) Add Guest check out text above PayPal button.