• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error when listing (adding pictures)

zefeena

My website was working fine, and I was happily listing away, when all of a sudden it stops working! I got an error every time I tried to save the listing.  It turned out that it is when I load a picture file.  I've tried everything and can't figure out why it won't work. Tried other pictures, re-done the picture.  Tried uploaded the picture directly to the images file then clicking the browse, but still doesn't work.

I can add a picture that is already on another listing (one I listed earlier!), but no new pictures since this occurred.  I haven't changed anything on the site, and have contacted the host and they say they haven't changed anything.

I am now completely unable to add any new pictures, so can't list, which is going to cause me major problems as I have a ton of new stock I need to get on the site to sell. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  thank you

Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 09.27.24.png

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

try another browser and see if you have the same problem, as that error is specific to Safari.

If Safari doesn't load pages from a specific site

If only one webpage or website isn't working, you can remove data related to that site to see if it fixes the issue. Use these steps to remove cookies, cache, and other data stored by Safari for a specific site:

1. Choose Safari > Preferences.
  2. Click the Privacy icon.
  3. Click the Details button.
  4. Search for the name or domain of the website whose data you want to remove.
  5. In the results list, click the domain (like example.com) that has data you want to remove.
  6. Click Remove.
  7. When you're finished, click Done and close the preferences window.

thank you.  I haven't changed anything, but suddenly its working!

It may be because I accidentally shut down safari, and re-loading it did some of what you just suggested.  

Thank you for the advice I will keep a screenshot of that for future reference (it never occurred to me that it was a browser issue!).

Have a lovely day. 

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Archived