• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with purchgase witout an account

well i tried all night tonight to set up the purchase without an account and my shopping cart wents nuts. i tried each and every update from the contributions, but i had no success. any help or common problems that you ran into ?

Stefan

www.styledright.com/catalog/

i get this error:

1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

insert into address_book (customers_id, address_book_id, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_country_id, entry_gender, entry_company, entry_suburb, entry_zone_id, entry_state) values ('4', '1', 'asdfads', 'asdfasd', 'adsas', 'adsadsf', 'safsad', '223', 'm', '', 'safafs', '1', '')

[TEP STOP]

and i can't find any solution for it :(

plz help

Hi

I am also Having problems with this contribution...I hjave posted twice over the last four days... with no takers my problem is a missing file

/catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/login.php

help please

Malc

Hi

This is the part of the install instructions

To Install:

Copy the files as they occur in their appropriate directories, be sure to backup your originals first in case you don't like it, or more likely I missed something, better to be on the safe side.

/catalog/login.php

/catalog/Order_Info.php

/catalog/Order_Info_Process.php

/catalog/Order_Info_Check.php

/catalog/includes/login_pwa.php

/catalog/includes/login_acc.php

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Process.php

/catalog/includes/modules/Order_Info_Check.php

/catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/login.php

/catalog/includes/modules/languages/english/images/buttons/button_create_account.gif

Regardless of the typo the file that is in bold....is not with the contribution I downloaded...

Regards Malc

<?php

/*

$Id: login.php,v 1.11 2002/06/03 13:19:42 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['origin'] == FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT) {

define('NAvb script:session_win();">[More Info]</a>');

?>

Hi

Thanks very much for your help so far...but... I discovered another prob

Quote:

I am using the OSC Template System contribution

and ... you probable guessed...

Quote:

catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php

does not exist in the OSC Template System contribution

so I am stuck because I have nothing to over write....

I know it exists in the standard oscommerce download (which I am not using)...

cheers Malc

This thread kinda got derailed a bit. The original poster was asking about problems in general with the PWA contribution, not about one specific user's issue. "Purchase without Account" still creates an account in the database, it just doesn't tell the user anything about how to access this account in the future. So they're essentially locked out of placing a second order in the future.

What OsCommerce *really* needs is a mod that allows for a quick and easy checkout process without saving any data anywhere. Or even better, after taking and confirming the customer's order information, offer the option (at the end of the process) to create a password and enable access to the account for order tracking.

An addition like this would be incredible.

Thanks,

Mike

This thread kinda got derailed a bit. The original poster was asking about problems in general with the PWA contribution, not about one specific user's issue.

What can I say other than... ????????????????

I did nor realise there was a limit on trying to sort a problem out...this is all I am trying to do..

And!!.... there is a problem trying to install "Purchase without Account"... for me and probable others...

I can read and follow install instructions... and clearly the instruction were incorrect.... and through posting here I have found other difficulties/problems installing...

I would have thought that through posting our/my probs and people giving positive feedback/answers these issues can be resolved, not for one specific user's issue, but for all who are interested...

What OsCommerce *really* needs is a mod

I agree

I am still open to any positive help with my problem :lol:

Cheers Malc

I'm also having problems with this contrib - the problem is when you purchase without an account, it tries to insert a new row in the DB but does not increment the address_id. I tried setting this field to auto-increment in address_book table, but still not working.

Hi

I have been messing about with this contribution and the templates system for about 3 weeks now... to no avail...

1...The only thing I have found out for sure is that the payment contribution install instructions are not correct (ok mistakes happen)

2... The OSC Template contribution's language files have been modified in such a way that it makes it very difficult to add the payment contribution to it.... unless your a expert in PHP... I am not stupid :shock: ... but I am not a expert :wink:

3... I posted on the OS templates forum and got a link to a explaination that did not make any sense to me and did not answer the question of how to add the payment contribution to the OS templates system... if you want to check the link is... http://www.hosting-osc.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4

So if any one out there can help with this...please do... it would be much appreciated :lol:

Malc

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

It does not really tell me anything or how to resolve problem

Cheers Malc

I have exactly the same problem as you, have no idea how to fix it. If you find the solution please contact me. I?ll do the same.

Cheers