• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

'tep_array_merge' observation

compusys

Just an observation. I've noticed a lot of contributions are now broken as a consequence of the removal of tep_array_merge function during the standards updates. Some fine examples are FAQDesk, Custom Computer Creator, Support Tickets, EZPopulate + i'm sure many others.

So if you maintain a heavily modded installation and stay on the bleeding edge with regular CVS updates, it might pay to check your shop functionality.

M.

Thanks, Matt - that saved me a big headache.

For anyone using EasyPopulate with one of the latest snapshots, you'll need to do the following to get it working:

1. open easypopulate.php

2. replace all occurrences of tep_array_merge with array_merge

No guarantees but a brief test seems to be OK for me.

David @ 1cog.

Sorry about that :)

There were numerous tep_* function calls that were mimicking the native PHP functions, which were used for compatibility reasons.

These functions are now properly placed in includes/functions/compatibility.php which now either use the compatibility version or the native version if the PHP version supports the function.

Here is a list that were changed:

http://cvs.sf.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/tep/...f?r1=1.8&r2=1.9

tep_in_array -> in_array

tep_array_merge -> array_merge

tep_array_shift -> array_shift

tep_array_reverse -> array_reverse

tep_array_slice -> array_slice

I apologize for the inconveniences caused.

:heart:, osCommerce

No biggie Harold. :D

Those with their fingers on the pulse should be able to realize the changes from the standards updates. It's all part of the extraordinary effort the team is making towards a rock solid application. I think I can speak for everybody here and say that hands down, osCommerce is the be all and end all of eCommerce solutions.

M.

============================

CompuSYS New Zealand

Your Hardware Portal :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a very big deal to me......

Things like this need to be announced to the contribution makers and the community BEFORE the change gets made so that people don't upgrade and break their whole stores. Many of the contribution makers that this will affect are not even on the boards on a regular basis any longer and the scripts may not get updated.

Now for a whole new round of "why doesn't this work" questions.

I hope the merry go round stops soon, I'm dizzy.

And I'm sticking with the 5/18 snapshot until someone shows me a really, really. really good reason to upgrade to the bleeding edge.....

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

got my first round of emails already and had no clue what was up and just fired off emails saying .... "I didn't make my contribution to work with anything newer than MS1" .... not nice nor kind ... oh well .... :oops:

NewsDesk(934) / FAQDesk(1106) / OrderCheck(1168) :::

• 3 weeks later...
I like standards compliance. :D  

After I figured it out, I got easypopulate working beautifully.

Can you post the correctled easypopulate to the contribs section and label it for ms2? That would be extremely helpful to the many easy populate users.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Sorry about that :)

tep_in_array -> in_array

tep_array_merge -> array_merge

tep_array_shift -> array_shift

tep_array_reverse -> array_reverse

tep_array_slice -> array_slice

Just came across this list. Thank you for posting it Harald! I found out about the tep_array_merge issue on another post but now I can just do find and replace on all the others for all my mods. This makes it easy!

Cheers,

Stretchr

"It's a small world...

But I wouldn't want to paint it!"

Stephen Wright

Harald:

Thanks for the list. Very useful. Not scratching my head near as much now. :)

ElLeonBlanco

"The man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery." James Joyce (1882?1941)

Harald:

When I went to the link from your earlier post ver 1.8 is just a grey box and ver 1.9 shows just fine. Or is it a MSIE thing?

http://cvs.sf.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/tep/...f?r1=1.8&r2=1.9

Just thought I would mention it. If it is an error please fix for it looks quite useful. If it is MSIE thing let me know.

Once resolved please delete this post as it will no longer be useful.

ElLeonBlanco

"The man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery." James Joyce (1882?1941)